What have you done to your P5 today?

hornsfan10609

Certified Mazda Tech
:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege x2
$40>$80

Just sayin

Lol I probably won't keep the car for long so I am not too worried about it. I have two people trying to buy it for $3k which in my opinion is a fair deal for me (paid $400 for the car, swapped the engine and put a bunch of MSP parts on it). The motor is at 135k and the body and trans have 225k. Still runs great but I wouldn't mind making a quick buck.

There is a red P5 I may get this weekend that needs some work. Looks pretty nice and it's really cheap.

Got my new Dunlops installed today too.

ItsAzekii

:
2003 Mazda Protg5
A good wash/wax where applicable. Haha. Gonna fix the curbing on the wheels next week and plasti the wheels / wing / rear valence. Touch up missing paint. Can't wait!

:
2003 P5
Swapped out my cheapo junkyard Eibach springs for new Racing Beats.
They were low but really stiff, too much for my Tokico HPs to damp and
speed bumps were really bad. If it was only getting driven on a track
they might be OK with Illuminas.

Also installed my Cusco lower front brace, courtesy of CR3 Motorsports. Good
price and beautiful work - took a couple of months to get from Japan, but
worth the wait.

Next is mounting my new front tires and getting a proper alignment, the last
one wiped out a brand new set of front tires in less than 3000 miles. Was not
happy with that, and won't be going back to a place I trusted for several years.

Worst part was a road trip from Colorado to Texas with heavy rain on the way
home, couldn't figure out why the front was hydroplaning like crazy until my
next fuel stop. Looked at the front tires and my jaw dropped! Best guess is way
too much toe-in.

:
'02 Mazda Protege5
29214191_10157032330029179_5135670294087741408_n.jpg
New Rims and tires. Also installed LED tail and turn signals. I may install the LED load resistors but I kinda like the rapid flashing, helps people actually notice my signal lmao

JazzySP20

Madaz
:
AUSTRALIA
:
BJII Astina SP20
Nice and clean looking SeminoleMan! The wheels suit it well.

Is that a factory fitted sunroof? We here in Australia didn't have a factory sunroof option. I'm interested to see what the controls and headliner looks like with a factory sunroof. The dome light would have to be relocated I'm guessing? Could you please post some photos?

SeminoleMan

:
'03.5 Sunlight Silver P5
Thanks, JazzySP20!

Here in the U.S., you could opt for the factory moonroof/ sunroof. This option was bundled with the in-dash 6-disc changer and sub-woofer mounted in the spare wheel. The overhead controls are simple consisting of two-buttons and two overhead lamps. The first control button nearest the driver raises or lowers the rear portion of the roof glass while the button nearest the passenger slides the glass backward and forward.

The picture below from the 2003mazdaprotege5.blogspot.com, which I am not affiliated with.

https://goo.gl/images/dPUJNr

JazzySP20

Madaz
:
AUSTRALIA
:
BJII Astina SP20
Thanks, JazzySP20!

Here in the U.S., you could opt for the factory moonroof/ sunroof. This option was bundled with the in-dash 6-disc changer and sub-woofer mounted in the spare wheel. The overhead controls are simple consisting of two-buttons and two overhead lamps. The first control button nearest the driver raises or lowers the rear portion of the roof glass while the button nearest the passenger slides the glass backward and forward.

The picture below from the 2003mazdaprotege5.blogspot.com, which I am not affiliated with.

https://goo.gl/images/dPUJNr

Thanks for the pic SM. That's a different dome light to what I have. Headliner looks neat with the dome light installed in what looks like a raised channel in the middle of the headliner. S/R controls look nice and basic with reading lamps for driver and passenger. Have to say if that's a the factory headliner for P5's with S/R, it looks very neat and tidy. Damn you Mazda Australia for not having a S/R option! (notcool)