What have you done to your MS3 today?

Aw man that sucks. I got hit almost exactly the same, it broke my rad support, 8k in damage. Yours looks like it wasn't quite as bad tho

Fyi gt headlights are 900 each
The estimate is $2,360.64. There goes $500 I didn't plan to spend that way. (mad) (sad1)

joe-girardi.gif

The estimate is $2,360.64. There goes $500 I didn't plan to spend that way. (mad) (sad1)
Wound up being $3,065. I called 'em about the headlight. It went from $155 to $813. Gotta take it back, though: Too much gap between the fender and hood on that side, PLUS that $813 headlight is already fogged! Grrrr! (argh) (mad) It isn't so much the goofs - they're a reputable body shop. It's the time without the car. I love driving my Ram, but once again on the way home, I was reminded what a hoot it is to drive the Mazda. Some rugrat in a Scion TC decided his was quicker than mine. He found out pretty quickly - 'tain't so. :D

WP_20140417_004_zpsd92f92d0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Will be doing the internals on Sunday. That is what will be done to my MS3. Getting tired of the 'stutter-stepping' at WOT.

Attachments

• WP_20140417_005_zps400a951a.jpg
    WP_20140417_005_zps400a951a.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 111
Installed Corksport HPFP internals today. What a difference! Pulls hard to redline and beyond. No more stuttering at WOT. Very smooth.

I still have my stockers if you need a set.
i have mine too. free to a good home.
Mike that is just bulls*** . Very sad. my condolences to all affected by this tragedy.
I recently put some small dents in my hood from being an idiot. Trying to push my daughters Si down the drive witha garbage barrel between the cars.
Seemed genius at the time. Oh well i think i will repaint anyways plenty of stone chips .
So there i was.
Last year i was up and running again. for about 500 miles before the snows came.
Got about another 1000 so far this spring. Been 4 years but i passed my inspection !!!!!!!!!! for real even.
The suspension is pretty decent now, Car is neutral and smooth at speed. Brakes are stupid good .
Still have parts to install and tune for. But thats alright for now. Car is flying.
I would up date my signature car bits, but i have forgotten most of them by now. Its on a Cobb tune though. Thanks for the push Domino !
For those that have complained about Ksport coilovers , mine are broken in and pretty fantastic with all the other s*** i have bolted up to tighten the chassis

What have i done lately ?
well i will tell you.
I made it to Watkins Glen for opening day . That was a 25 bucks to run 3 pace laps. It was packed and they let us get a bit wild. I will say my tires got pleny of heat in them and started talkin'

For anyone who has not been and can go they sure should get on the track.

last weekend i was able to make opening day at Empire Dragway at Leicester NY. Walked the Swap meet with my Hot Rod buddy Dave and watched all the cars and bikes launching from the guard rail next to the water box . Great to stand ten feet from a burnout and see the rubber flying and smell the fuels .
God i love spring time
I fear i will use up a new front pair of 235s this summer.
Smilin again after 3 years down time.

As long as you're not a total hooligan driving through a lake you'll be fine. It has siping for a reason. 200 tread wear ftw.

As long as you're not a total hooligan driving through a lake you'll be fine. It has siping for a reason. 200 tread wear ftw.
200 ftw !

My car gets nervous in heavy rain and i dont drive over 35 . I totalled a car not all that long along coming through a long bu blind sweeper on the highway. Did not the the water ponding till the car was upon it and the back end came around ever so slowly. at 70 mph .
Tires can be your best friend , i never cheap out on them anymore. Water is trying to kill me

What eric said. Tires make all the difference. Never underestimate them.... but it's not just about the money anymore. Spending money just gets you expensive tires that may be just as bad as the old one's. I've found that out the hard way.
Decide what YOU need for YOUR driving conditions. Decide what compromises you are willing to make (there are ALWAYS compromises,) and choose a tire that matches that, no matter how cheap or expensive they are.
That's my advice through years of buying tires. Take it or not

Oh and for me, 200 TWR is definitely FTL!

Last edited:
Back