What have you done to your CX-9 today?

:
2009 Mazda CX-9 GT
Not much of an electrical person.

What did you hard-wire these into?
The front overhead dome light (4th image). I chose to do it this way so I can control them with the rest of the overhead lighting. Would have been easier to tap into the circuit in the kick panel, but then you would have LED's powered through the door pins only.

:
2015 CX-9 GT
I didn't specifically do it, but I did have remote start added today. Still getting familiar with it but it's nice to have remote start back (my prior vehicle had it)!

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Hey you've had some kms driven on these for a bit now... Can you tell if it bites down better than the stock? Stock brakes just doesn't seem to have the power.

It does seem to bite a little better, but its not like a night and day difference. To be fair though, I never had any real issues with braking on my CX-9, even when I was expecting to (road tripping with 900lbs of weight plates in the back). I think more aggressive pads would be the answer, though you may have to deal with more brake dust than usual.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Picked up five oil filters from the dealership. Planning to change the oil and swap over to my winter wheels today. They raised the price on the 1WPY filters to $12 CAD, which I was expecting, but I politely asked for a discount if I bought a few filters, and they knocked it down to $10,70 per. Not a whole lot in savings, but sometimes it's there if you ask for it.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
One of the license plate LED bulbs I bought to replace the original incandescent lights kicked the bucket over the weekend, so I installed new LED bulbs.

Earlier in the week, I also replaced the rear wiper. 4 years of service, not bad. The rubber on the original separated when I tried to free the wiper from some ice. Normally I would have just bought a replacement rubber insert from the dealer, but I got lazy 😅 Instead I replaced the entire blade with a 14" Reflex wiper from Canadian Tire. Works great so far.