What did you pay for your CX-5?

Negotiating with a dealer and was offered $28,985 for a 2019 CX-5 GT FWD with PP in Snowflake white before TTL.

MSRP including destination is $32,865. That's about 11.8% discount. I have a trade in valued around $500-800 PLUS $500 off military discount.

Haven't been told what the OTD price would be so that is all the info I have currently. I'm in California.

Am I heading towards a decent deal? Can I negotiate lower? Any feedback is welcomed. I'm a new car buyer. TIA

IMO, that is a good deal! I paid $30,150 for mine and the only difference is it has the Soul Red Crystal Metallic Color which is an additional $595

Picked up a 2019 CX 5 Grand Touring Reserve in white in Socal.

$32,950 with dealer discount + loyalty rebate. $36,122.70 OTD after TTL.

Anyone in the tri-state (even as far as MD and VA) area getting good deals?

The dealerships around here are pretty damn stiff with the pricing and are not inclined to offer crazy deals on the GTR or Signature trims.

The demand for the 2 turbo models are there and around here, they are apparently being sold even before they hit the lot.

The best offer I got was a 7% discount off of MSRP for the GTR.

Anyone else doing well?

Anyone in the tri-state (even as far as MD and VA) area getting good deals?

The dealerships around here are pretty damn stiff with the pricing and are not inclined to offer crazy deals on the GTR or Signature trims.

I'm in South Jersey and the dealers around here won't deal. Been trying for a couple of years, too, and they just won't budge past about 5%.

When folks post the deals they get in California or Texas it makes me crazy. Some of the dealers in PA will do a bit better than the NJ dealers but nowhere as well as in other parts of the country.

I'm in South Jersey and the dealers around here won't deal. Been trying for a couple of years, too, and they just won't budge past about 5%.

When folks post the deals they get in California or Texas it makes me crazy. Some of the dealers in PA will do a bit better than the NJ dealers but nowhere as well as in other parts of the country.

I feel your pain.

It's frustrating when you see people post deals from down south or the midwest on the excellent deals they get.

I received a quote from a MD dealer that was lower than what basically all of NJ dealers are offering and a NJ dealership actually had the audacity to say that there is no way the dealership would lose money on these and that they will probably add on all of these mysterious fees. (rolleyes)

The tri-state is prime market for these vehicles and many of these dealerships are high-volume dealerships.

And you're right, the PA dealers seem to do a bit better than NJ price wise.

Last edited:
It's frustrating when you see people post deals from down south or the midwest on the excellent deals they get.

It's particularly frustrating because I'd really prefer to buy the vehicle from one of the local dealerships. My family had a business a generation ago and I understand how hard it is to be a small player. It'd be nice to give them the business.

In the end it'll just come down to weighing the lower initial cost vs. the free oil changes and free loaner cars, etc. All of those things are worth something. If we keep the car for 10 years (which is usual for us) then the savings on oil changes will be worth a couple of grand.

But it sure doesn't give you bragging rights on the forums.

Out the door with the Soul Red? Wow congrats. Best price I have right now is 31k OTD in snowflake white.

That would have been great but that was not the OTD price. It was $30,150 before TTL & TAX
I was clear since my first communication with the dealership I was not willing to pay or even discuss any doc fees, dealer add on items, GAP Insurance from them, (got GAP insurance through my own insurance), leather protection, or any other BS they usually pull.

That would have been great but that was not the OTD price. It was $30,150 before TTL & TAX
I was clear since my first communication with the dealership I was not willing to pay or even discuss any doc fees, dealer add on items, GAP Insurance from them, (got GAP insurance through my own insurance), leather protection, or any other BS they usually pull.

Interesting. I've gotten quotes for as low as $28.2k before TTL here in California

Interesting. I've gotten quotes for as low as $28.2k before TTL here in California
Exactly the reason I think you are being offered a good deal. Just look for *hidden or mandatory* fees that can add $600-$1800 or more to the vehicle. Let us know if you decide to pull the trigger and what you finally paid

Northjersey was not budging either. I just purchased a 2019 CX5 Sport from Compass Motors in Middletown NY, Jeremy will deal.

$28.2K for a Sport? I'm going to be looking for something close to that soon here in San Diego..

My 4Runner turned 20 this year, time for a change. We don't ski like we used to, so don't need 4x4 anymore.

Not sure about getting AWD or not, it hurts the MPG and probably don't need it.

Any advice on how to go at the dealers would be a big help, I've only bought off Craigslist before..

I don't need all the new features, I really don't want my vehicle telling me how to drive (or driving for me)

Also, has anyone ever heard of getting Dealer LIFETIME powertrain warranty??

https://www.maitamazda.com/lifetime-warranty/

Last edited:
The Feb incentives seem to be 3% APR and $500 cash incentive for Grand Touring Reserve and Signature models.

That being said, I received an offer for a 2019 GTR Machine Grey for $33,500.

I'm in the tri-state area so dealers are not as willing to deal like other areas in the USA.

Is that a good price?

Could use some advice, might go pick this up..

2018 AWD Grand Touring, Blue with 5 miles on it...

MSRP/Retail $32,990.00
Total Savings $2,913.00
Selling Price $30,077.00
Rebate $1,000.00
Government Fee $447.25
Proc/Doc Fee $85.00
Total Taxes $2,337.56
Total Savings + Rebate $3,913.00
Total Payment $31,946.81

This deal seem OK for Cali, $29,000 before Taxes and Fees?

Last edited:
Back