What did you pay for your CX-5?

Does that include the destination charge? If so, it's 1300 off sticker and would be a great deal...

The email states does not include dealer installed accessories, tax, license, or doc fees. Would that fall under doc fees?

The email states does not include dealer installed accessories, tax, license, or doc fees. Would that fall under doc fees?

It's usually already included in the sticker price. Have them give you an Out-The-Door price with each line item listed separately.

Bought mine 2 weeks ago $200 off MSRP for about $30,200 (Grand Touring, AWD, Tech Package). Add in $300 for dealer fees, there's no limit to what these scumbags are allowed to charge in NJ in NY max is like $200 in NJ they can tack on $1000 if they'd like. I am very happy so far but I haven't even hit a 100 miles yet lol

Where in Jersey did you buy? I'm in CT.

I have a Pearl White GT w/tech purchased thru S-Plan and it was $29,600. I added the rear privacy screen and wheel looks and my OTD was about $32.3k (registered in NY)
What was your OTD?

Bought mine 2 weeks ago $200 off MSRP for about $30,200 (Grand Touring, AWD, Tech Package). Add in $300 for dealer fees, there's no limit to what these scumbags are allowed to charge in NJ in NY max is like $200 in NJ they can tack on $1000 if they'd like. I am very happy so far but I haven't even hit a 100 miles yet lol

I bought CX5 Touring Model with Bose package and Tech package... total was $28,250. I think I paid pretty much invoice, but I went through USAA and the dealership searched and found my vehicle in the next state (Louisiana), traded for it and brought it to me in the next state over (Alabama). I have no complaints. It's getting 29 MPG right now and I love it!

Where in Jersey did you buy? I'm in CT.

I got mine at Open Road Mazda located on Rt 18 in East Brunswick,NJ. But if you're thinking of coming down here to buy make sure you call the dealers to see their inventory beforehand, there are not that many GT's around in NJ at the moment.

Last edited:
I have a Pearl White GT w/tech purchased thru S-Plan and it was $29,600. I added the rear privacy screen and wheel looks and my OTD was about $32.3k (registered in NY)
What was your OTD?

$29,600 is great, by rear privacy screen do you mean the tints in the back windows? that's standard on the GT the dealer cannot have charged you extra for that it's manufactured like that. If you're talking about something else then disregard my sentence. My OTD was $32,758 exactly. I paid the tax, title dealer fees with cash instead of rolling it into the loan to avoid the extra interest. You saved $500 and got more stuff including the Crystal Pearl paint which cost extra I believe damn man, what dealer did you buy yours from?

By the way anyone thinking of doing financing should either go to Chase (if you have a personal checking account with them as it lowers your rate) or go through PNC Bank who gave me a great rate. Avoid Bank of America and them forcing you to put 20% down and adding on $200 documentation fee which is basically a short application. That's total BS.

I opted for 6 year financing with a slightly higher interest rate but I'm planning to pay it off after the 5th year anyways, god willing lol this way my monthly payments wouldn't be something crazy over $500 or whatever a month.

Got mine at Smith Cairns Mazda in Yonkers NY. The privacy screen is that roll out thing that covers your trunk so ppl can't see what you have in the back.
I didn't think about paying the dealer fee's seperately but I did the 3 years 0.9% financing deal so it wouldn't have mattered much.

$29,600 is great, by rear privacy screen do you mean the tints in the back windows? that's standard on the GT the dealer cannot have charged you extra for that it's manufactured like that. If you're talking about something else then disregard my sentence. My OTD was $32,758 exactly. I paid the tax, title dealer fees with cash instead of rolling it into the loan to avoid the extra interest. You saved $500 and got more stuff including the Crystal Pearl paint which cost extra I believe damn man, what dealer did you buy yours from?

I found the CX-5 I want and we've been going back and forth on the price...he laughed when I first asked for $500 off the sticker. The best we got to was $150 off but I think if I REALLY pushed I could get him to $200. After thinking about it I threw out a deal of...I'll pay full sticker and you throw in the factory hitch (which I would have bought anyways, or maybe the Curt) and a full tank of gas, I know, it's the little things. He came back asking for $50 saying the hitch costs him almost $250 - I said no and he said ok. So if we're going straight off the sticker prices I got $425 off since that's the msrp on the hitch, or I got $200-$250 (plus gas) off the dealers price, either way...what do you guys think, good deal?

I'm wrapping the deal up tonight.

I think if you're happy with the deal then that's what matters. I thought all new cars came with a full tank of gas, but I could be wrong. Many people are having to pay very close or at MSRP so it sounds like you were able to negotiate something in between that everyone is happy with. Otherwise it sounds like you're all set! Enjoy. :)

Just thought I'd chip in with some UK pricing. A CX-5 with the 175PS diesel engine in the Sport Nav AWD spec with the safety pack (not sure what the US equivalent spec is) works out at about $43,100...

Hi,

New poster here and will also be my first time buying a new car...
I'm in Canada about an hour from Montreal, only one Mazda dealer in town (I can reach at least 7-8 more dealers by driving +- 45 minutes).

I want the GS Model which ends up being $34,555.74 all included (according to the Mazda website).

What can I negociate in that price? I 'll need a trailer hitch, winter mats, winter tires, I guess mud flats... car don't come with them anymore?!?)

I don't know what else is really needed and I don't know where to start!

edit:
Also, the financing rate is 3.99%, what are the chance I can lower that ?

Last edited:
Hi (bonjour) Vorret!
I just bought my CX5-GS last week (delivery supposed to be in august) and what can I say is you won't be able to negociate much! The only thing I got is a good price for my exchange car and a cost price for winter tire. Maybe you will have a good price on accesssories but not on the car itself. The financing rate is Mazda Canada rate; I don't think you can negociate it either.

Merci :)

You got rims with the tires or only the tires?
How much are they? I have tiny 14 tires on my GF's Corolla so it's really inexpensive.

It's too bad for the interest rate.
And holy crap, delivery in August? Did you ask for something very specific or there's none available in Quebec?

Picked up a CX-5 Sport 6MT with the S-Plan. Came out to 20,899 before TTL. Seems like this is the least hassle way to get less than MSRP at the moment. It's pretty easy to get an S-Plan cert if you have a "friend"

There's near nothing available in Qubec! I'm waiting for a blue or red GS without any extra accessories!
Tires was 150$ each without rim (I didnt buy them right now because I was not sure of market prices). I found similar at canadian tire for 230$ each! Much more than 14"...!! Will look at costco next time I go there.

soobaerodude : prices in Canada are always highter than US! Maybe if you have a "friend" or if your a better trader than me, but without stock, dealer is not much trading!

Guys, If you are costco members, you can get the CX5 for $300 over invoice all day long. S-plan is at invoice, so you save the extra $300 if you know someone.

Just thought I'd chip in with some UK pricing. A CX-5 with the 175PS diesel engine in the Sport Nav AWD spec with the safety pack (not sure what the US equivalent spec is) works out at about $43,100...

$43k?! I don't think the CX is worth $30k, let alone $40+! What do BMW's go for up there??

Hi,

New poster here and will also be my first time buying a new car...
I'm in Canada about an hour from Montreal, only one Mazda dealer in town (I can reach at least 7-8 more dealers by driving +- 45 minutes).

I want the GS Model which ends up being $34,555.74 all included (according to the Mazda website).

What can I negociate in that price? I 'll need a trailer hitch, winter mats, winter tires, I guess mud flats... car don't come with them anymore?!?)

I don't know what else is really needed and I don't know where to start!

edit:
Also, the financing rate is 3.99%, what are the chance I can lower that ?

Shop around on the finance rate. We got 2.9% for a 5yr loan. Mazda also has the 0.9% for 3 years, but you could use your money to make up more than the 2% difference in other areas usually.

Back