Want to buy...what?

jimisbell

:
Honda
I have been looking for two years now for an RX8. To begin with I was looking for one with some warranty left, but that doesnt exist now. The 2008 or later seemed like the best choice but then I became enamored by the Shinka and found everyone with a 2005 thought they had a Shinka except that only 1300 of them were imported and often the offered "Shinka" was NOT Black Cherry. Then after much research I wondered if the Shinka really was anything special anyway. Is it?

So now, with much research that is actually making me less sure of my choices and no warrantied cars left, I am back to square one. Still have money burning a hole in my pocket and a burning love of the design. I think the pre 2009 body design is better to my eyes.

I have since found that there is an engine rebuilder down here in South Texas that seems to have reasonable prices for engines and swaps, so I am no longer restricting my search to low mileage cars.

OK, so anyone have any suggestions? Is a later engine swap into an earlier body frowned on? I am looking for a good looking driver.

Last edited:
Back