Voice Commands are NOT Available

Sometimes I am using Android Auto for Navigation and I want to SPEAK my desired destination. Occasionally after pushing the appropriate button on the left of the steering wheel the Infotainment Screen will have a pop up message: "Voice Commands are not available right now". Anyone have any feedback for me regarding this? Thanks!

A couple of times I received this on the screen....
20210708_104109_HDR.jpg

Maybe I need a new USB cord? Or maybe the way I have the phone set down causes at times the USB cord connection spot to wiggle and those lose connection?

I don’t use an android phone, but it does look like a connection issue. I would try with a different cable. Depending how old your phone is it could also be the phone connector that is loose and loses connection from vibration and handling.

The phone is less than a year old. The cord came with the new phone.
I WAS previously setting the down horizontally...parallel with the screen....thus causing the cord to make an upside "L" to head/reach to the CX-9 USB connection point.
Now I have switched the phone angle so the phone connection point is lined up with Mazda's USB connection point....thus the cord comes to that Mazda connect point without bending.

Does that solve the issue ?
I have not been out driving since I posted that.
It SEEMED to help earlier today but my time on the road was too short to really judge it fairly.
BTW...I found this....
I just followed the advice to "clear cache" in Android Auto, Google and Google Play.
I have an optimistic outlook that following the advice of this article will be helpful.
(If it is helpful, I will report here so that others may benefit as well)

Last edited:
@youri & @sm1ke Great news to report! :cool:

The "CLEAR CACHE" idea from the article seems to have resolved the connection issues.
I drove (using Android auto) 17 minutes to a park...Spent some time...Then back home for another 17 minute drive.

The Google Maps (by way of Android Auto) worked perfectly at all times. ;) 😃

Back