Very poor bluetooth phone sound, other streams fine (2010 Mazda3)

2010 Mazda 3i Touring with Bose upgrade sound system.
This is a very strange problem. I have scoured the internet looking for info and have not found any. When I recieve or place a bluetooth call, the sound is very quiet and very tinny sounding. I beleive the sound is only coming out of the very small speakers (tweeters?) on the front door pillars. When I try to stream music, or video sound from my phone, it sounds great and all speakers are working. Just not phone calls. I have tried with 4 different phones, they all sound the same. So I know it is not the phone. I have deleted and re-paired them several times. I have searched through all the settings in the sounds system and cannot find anything that changes it. It used to work fine. I got the car in 2018 and it worked fine for at least 2-3 years. Then at some point I started having problems. I probably should have tried to chase it down right then when it was fresh but I just started using airpods instead. Now I am coming back to it and really would like to figure out an answer to this. Turning off or on the Audiopilot settings does not affect it in any way.

In a nutshell: Phone calls only come out of the tweeters on the door posts by the mirrors. Any other things played off the phone through bluetooth come over all the car speakers.

Back