Using MP3 player with Stock stero using Kenwood CA-C1AUX cable...

ryanl

Hey guys,

I want to use my MP3 player with the stock stereo and I bought the Kenwood CA-C1AUX and can't get it to work properly. When everything is plugged in and the mp3 player playing the song it can't see the "aux" option.

I bought the cable off of ebay and suspect it is the wrong one as it is missing the small block in the middle of the cable as seen in the crutchfield cable.

Ebay Cable:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Kenwood-Aux-Inpu...6328170e6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_1947wt_1002

Crutchfield Cable:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113CAC1AX/Kenwood-CA-C1AUX.html?tp=1672&wm=fp

Does anyone know if these cables are different? Thanks for the help.

It is likely that the cables are different. The eBay cable is probably an aftermarket knock-off that only works with select head units, if it even works.

I couldn't find anything in the owner's manual about turning the AUX source on like every other head unit I have dealt with. You could check the menus to see if there is an option for this and turn it on. If there isn't, it is time to shell out the extra money for a genuine Kenwood part.

The AUX input option shows up after the cable is plugged in. I don't know if the head unit will sense the ebay cable and activate the AUX menu.

I bought one of the ebay cables and it does not work. There is a pin that is grounded that should not be. I removed two pins and inserted a resistor and it is g2g now :)

I bought an Ebay cable and it didn't work, I thought it was because my HU might be messed up.

Sport23 what two pins did you remove and where did you place the resistor? Any chance you can explain? Thanks.

I took a few pictures of the connection. Maybe you can just explain what you did and not go through the hassle of removing your HU. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMGP5340.JPG
    IMGP5340.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMGP5339.JPG
    IMGP5339.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 135
I bought an ebay cable awhile ago and it works fine with old ipods, I don't have the stock head unit but its from the same line as the stocker. Doesn't work with iphones,the new nano or touch though.

I bought an ebay cable awhile ago and it works fine with old ipods, I don't have the stock head unit but its from the same line as the stocker. Doesn't work with iphones,the new nano or touch though.
thats because they use a different bus, it has nothing to do with the cable.

ebay cables are hit-or-miss, for something like a datalink, its all about compatibility. the idea of a knock-off cable is laughable, cables arent turbos, they arent exactly high-precision. wasting the amount of money belkin or griffin or kenwood wants for a cable is generally a joke when the $3 ones are identical save the packaging. no joke, the packaging is the most expensive part of a brand name cable.

Back