Upper grille trim removal?

GraySurf

:
2002 Protege5 5spd
How do you take off the little trim piece on the top grille without breaking the little slots? I've tried going slow and using a flathead to pry but i still ended up breaking a piece off. please help

do you mean the plastic plates at the complete ends of the grill?
you have to get under and pry upwards

no the trim piece that goes along the top go the grille, Its usually black but on msp's the are color matched.

i just took off my grille a few minutes ago to access the horn... do you mean removing the entire upper grill from the bumper? or just the upper most section that the sedans have chrome and msp color matched?
because i was looking at it and it looks glued on.
did you finally get a grille in to replace your current one?

Ya i got an msp one and i was going to swap out the top trim piece because the one I bought has a yellow trim piece and I already have a spare black one, I may have f**ked up already because i tried to take it off and cracked the yellow one so if it turns out that they don't come off i can't just paint over it.... '_'

snap a pic of where you cracked it and il let you know if its repairable or not. im starting to trust myself with rattle cans wayyyy too much now 0.0

Problem solved I was able to get it off with only breaking one tab.just have to glue out down.now I need to go to the store to get some new fasteners then I'll be good to go....finally

Back