Upgraded to 74.00.310 NA, need USB hub hardware links for CarPlay and Android Auto (CX-9 2016)

Just checked on Amazon there plenty of USB hubs to apgrade to make Carplay and aa capability, do you think those are working or I need a geniune retrofit Mazda parts, could you please share links for the part? I own Mazda cx9 2016.
Thanks.

I got genuine parts when I did mine. My brother got the cloned parts. There’s minor fit and finish issues he’s noticed after having it for almost a year, but the functionality is all there and nobody stares at the USB hub to see if it looks OEM

I'm looking at the same thing on Amazon but need to update software. Can't find the .up files anywhere

I'm looking at the same thing on Amazon but need to update software. Can't find the .up files anywhere
Feel free to PM me with your current version of Software, I will share with you links I got in order to update from 59.00.441 NA to my current 74.....NA, I struggled too, but ended up finding, now I am after the genuine USB Hub.

I got genuine parts when I did mine. My brother got the cloned parts. There’s minor fit and finish issues he’s noticed after having it for almost a year, but the functionality is all there and nobody stares at the USB hub to see if it looks OEM
Are you suggesting that it will be okay to go with the Amazon kind of replicas if I don't find the genuine? Peolpe on Amazon complain about system rebooting. I will try on Ebay too.

Are you suggesting that it will be okay to go with the Amazon kind of replicas if I don't find the genuine? Peolpe on Amazon complain about system rebooting. I will try on Ebay too.
Yeah. If you want a genuine one here you go. It’s the one I used and ships from a well known online dealership parts department. Was all OEM parts. Ignore the picture on the listing

Yeah. If you want a genuine one here you go. It’s the one I used and ships from a well known online dealership parts department. Was all OEM parts. Ignore the picture on the listing

Much appreciated, thanks very much. I saw this on Amazon I didn't even know what it was because of the picture of course. Thanks for sharing the link to the genuine part, as I live in Canada it looks like there is importation fees involved.

with the links to the genuine parts that your post is about. couldn't just look yourself?
Oh sorry about that, I taught I made comment of application. Once again thanks. Looking forward to order the part, the software updates went very good hopefully the hardware side goes well too.

I have installed the parts(usb hub) now running Android auto, I wonder why it is not charging faster as I heard. When conncected it is saying my phone will be full in two hours, nowhere my phone indicated farst charger. Any ideas? Why the car screen can't even work on parking position when the car is not even driving?

The port is only like 2.4A at 5V I believe so you’re getting 12W maximum. New iPhones can do 27W from a USB C charger and some new android phones can do in excess of 60W so yeah, the port is going to feel very slow

The port is only like 2.4A at 5V I believe so you’re getting 12W maximum. New iPhones can do 27W from a USB C charger and some new android phones can do in excess of 60W so yeah, the port is going to feel very slow

Unbelievab, I thought it's my new part which is defective, thanks for sharing these details at least I know it has nothing to do with the new USB Hub sort of malfunction.

USB standards dictate the 5V. Out of curiosity, I looked at a few of the nicer chargers I have at home including some of the new GaN chargers. All of them that have USB A are limited to a max of 3A at 5V from that port. They can also do other voltage and amp combos, but nothing higher than 15W at 5V. This is one of the many reasons USB C and the accompanying standards are much better. Without using proprietary tech (looking at Dell’s 180W USBC on their XPS 15), USB C supports up to 100W and much faster data transfer as well. I’m guessing Mazda didn’t use USB C because it’s significantly more expensive than a standard USB A outlet, and we might be maxing out the wiring gauge they chose for delivering power to the port

Feel free to PM me with your current version of Software, I will share with you links I got in order to update from 59.00.441 NA to my current 74.....NA, I struggled too, but ended up finding, now I am after the genuine USB Hub.
Hi Famsfirst, would you mind sending me the file as well, I'm currently running version 56.00.513 4AN and would like to know how to upgrade to the latest firmware. Thanks.

Back