-UPDATE- Mazda3 56k Engine swap almost complete w/ pics now - Need heater hose route diagram + Q&A

First off hello Mazda community, just finished having a 56k LKQ engine swapped in and it was my first swap and a long hard process but runs GREAT. I just need help with heater core hose route pics, the ones at the back of the engine bay and where they both run two and connect on the engine. I'll upload pics of the mazda 3 swap in the next couple days and also a coolant hose connection on the bottom of the engine that has no hose on it at all so im not sure where it goes either. It could just be where one of the heater core hoses goes and that would be nice, i'll upload pics of that connection in the next day or so. Also after i get that done, I'll also need advice on how i would go about bleeding air from the coolant system. I spent $600 in tow expenses and "diagnostic" time at two local shops this week and they were no help at all. You guys are my only hope with these last few connections in this WAY harder then I thought swap. Pics uploading in next day or so.

Thanks guys
Weatherman

Have you considered buying a factory service manual? What year is your car?

-Update-

Sorry for the gap on posting this, here are the pics of my almost finished 56K 2.0L engine swap.
To finally the swap there only like 3-4 minor things left. I have checked my chiltons manual, mazda 3 service manul and several others and as far hose route diagrams other than basic upper and lower radiator hoses there arnt any. The hoses in question are:

1. I need to reconnect the heater core hoses, one goes somewhere into the back the block somewhere I think. The other I have no idea which brings me to number 2.

2. If you look at the transmission diagram-see pic. The lil silver round, 4 hose metal housing is included - see pics. That-6 diagram says the top hose goes to the heater, the bottom goes to thermostat. Problem is on mine is, the top hose it currently connected to the thermostat- see pics. While the bottom hose is missing completely.

-Did the mobile mechanic just connect it backwards and mabey I should unhook it and reconnect it to the bottom like the diagram? Does your bottom hose run right to thermostat or left to heater basically. That leaves the other "to heater" hose connection listed in diagram, where does it route to and connect? So prob 1-2 are somehow related, which brings me to the last and easy prob.

3. The t-shaped hose pictured on ground I have no idea where it goes -see pics- is listed on the internet as a mazda 3 heater hose. Also the lil hose in the middle has a plastic black nipple broken off in it. First where does the hose connect to everything and are prob 1-3 all connected in someway?

Please help cuz finding info on routing diagram stuff related to this is almost non existant, only vaccume hoses and upper and lower radiator hoses are covered. Thanks community

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 957
  • IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 428
Also I took it to mazda and got a quote, they said they would have to do everything or nothing when asked about replacing the hoses. Going as far as new radiator & supports as the removal and reinstallation was a lil off and the front bumber fender well clips would pop off a bit. With everything included in the quote even replace missing a/c compressor, it came to 8-10 hours for $2,800 - $3,000!! Straight conmen im tellin ya, for a few hose replacements. The car starts and runs great but iv never gone over 30 sec for obvious reasons.

Many years ago, I'd go to the dealership parts department and tell the parts person that I was looking for a particular connector or other part. The parts person not only found the part but also printed me out a great exploded view from the electronic factory assembly manual.

Back