Update for Excessive oil usage engines

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
I have a GTR that is one of the "excessive oil usage engines" I was informed that Mazda engineers have engineered a device/mechanism to fit over the valves train and allow a mechanic to replace the valve stem oil seals. The service person I talked to has seen a picture of the device. When and IF it becomes available owners of afflicted engines will be have a source to get the problem fixed. Ed

I would expect that a new type seal would be designed to slip over the defective seal sort of like an umbrella.

I'm guessing that a TSB to fix this issue on the 2.5T engine should be coming soon, Mazda published recently a TSB to fix this on the 2.2 diesel engine, for some 2021 models, that use the same valve seal and can have this same issue with oil burning. (35 page TSB!)

I'm guessing that a TSB to fix this issue on the 2.5T engine should be coming soon, Mazda published recently a TSB to fix this on the 2.2 diesel engine, for some 2021 models, that use the same valve seal and can have this same issue with oil burning. (35 page TSB!)

Heads up @HyFlyer. No idea if you're having this issue, but I figured I'd mention you since I think you might be one of the only members in our community with a Gen2 CX-5 Diesel.

Heads up @HyFlyer. No idea if you're having this issue, but I figured I'd mention you since I think you might be one of the only members in our community with a Gen2 CX-5 Diesel.
Thanks for thinking of me. No oil burning issues with my 2019 2.2 diesel.

Do you have a clicky for that recently published TSB on the 2.2 diesel? I couldn't find it.

Back