Unremovable stains on instrument cluster glass/plastic - 2019 Signature

:
2019 CX-5 Signature Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Recently, I noticed what appeared to be dried marks of something on the glass in front of the instrument cluster on my car.

Thinking it was just dust or something similar, I tried ti wipe it off with a dry cloth, only to find that it appears to be something caked on.

When I took my fingernail to try to scratch it away, I've noticed that .. there's nothing on the acutual glass/plastic piece.

I'm not sure if when I was cleaning the dash with the 303 Aerospace protectant I got some spray on it or not, but I cannot seem to get these spots of the plastic/glass.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've tried glass cleaner, but nothing seems to work.

PS, sorry for the crappy pic - and yes, I do dust my dash at least once a week lol.

Attachments

• IMG_3347.jpg
    IMG_3347.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 517
Isn't that plastic?
Could it be on the opposite side?
If you can't remove it have the dealer look at it. Could be a defect in the dash material and they can replace it or they may have something to remove it.

Hmm.. maybe a plastic polish would help? Something like Meguiar's PlastX, or if it's available near you, Novus No. 1 or No. 2. Try it on a small area first, and use a microfiber cloth.

Use lime-free water and a very soft cloth, / nb. you sneeze and cough too much. 😆

Don't put alcohol on it. That's will stain the plastic worse.
I think you might be onto something with the ArmorAll over spray. I'd probably go with sm1kes idea of plastic polish and if that didn't work I'd take it to the dealer and NOT mention the overspray. 😶

In the future, it's best to clean the dash with a damp chamois. No need to waste money on chemicals that will release ?? when they bake in the sun.

just some distilled water sprayed on microfiber. thats how I clean all the interior and is great. no alcohol or chemicals.

about the isssue on the clear plastic, I would probably try what sm1ke suggested.
test a small slot first on its sides.
works for headlamps plastic so why not on the speedo plastic.

Don't put alcohol on it. That's will stain the plastic worse.
I think you might be onto something with the ArmorAll over spray. I'd probably go with sm1kes idea of plastic polish and if that didn't work I'd take it to the dealer and NOT mention the overspray. 😶

In the future, it's best to clean the dash with a damp chamois. No need to waste money on chemicals that will release ?? when they bake in the sun.

Thanks! I actually got the idea for the dash cleaner here on this forum.. the 303 Aerospace protectant. Lots of people were recommending it. I don't think it was it though, because I sprayed it ontto the microfibre cloth and NOT directly onto the dash.

I think someone else might be right - I wonder if it was from one of us coughing or sneezing or something? And it's somehow stained the glass.

I might try some distilled water FIRST, and then try some plastic polish as someone else has mentioned above.

Thanks everyone for your help - I appreciate it!

Thanks! I actually got the idea for the dash cleaner here on this forum.. the 303 Aerospace protectant. Lots of people were recommending it. I don't think it was it though, because I sprayed it ontto the microfibre cloth and NOT directly onto the dash.

I think someone else might be right - I wonder if it was from one of us coughing or sneezing or something? And it's somehow stained the glass.

I might try some distilled water FIRST, and then try some plastic polish as someone else has mentioned above.

Thanks everyone for your help - I appreciate it!

COVID? Perhaps try some Remdesivir?

this might be helpful (maybe) shows plastic polishing / restoration on a head unit but the techniques could be similar on the instrument panel

Distilled water didn't work - I'm beginning to wonder if it's a manufacturing defect I didn't notice until now.

I can only really see it is the lighting condition is right (usually sunlight directly shining on the dash) so its conceivable I never saw them before?

Anyways, Ill ask the dealer to look at it.

Thanks all!

Back