U0100 - 06 Mazda 6i ATX

:
03.5 YLW MSP
Yesterday my girls car threw up CEL U0100 which is ECU losing communications. I have noticed during research that this code is very common with people tinkering with the access port. Now my girls car is 100% stock!!! Its a 04 6i hatch, sport auto, with roughly 111k on it.

When the cel came on I was driving it and it came on while going down the road and had started without issue. If it wasnt for the cel I would of never known anything happened. Anyone have any ideas??

I believe that is a bad communication TCM and PCM. Maybe a bad ground somewhere?

I believe that is a bad communication TCM and PCM. Maybe a bad ground somewhere?
Could be but the code hasn't came back yet and the car is running fine.... I dont know if the autozone scanner is CAN compatable and if thats the case would it cause the same code for the scanner not being able to communicatewith the computer?

nope, never figured out what it was and it hasn't came back yet. So I think she had a CEL for something else and the scanner just couldnt commuicate with the computer beings that its bee confirmed that its now CAN compatable. I think it ws a code for a EVAP issue for the gas cap things because we had put gas in it a few hours earlier but thats only a guess. I dont even know if her car throws those CELs or not because we haven't had that code before.

Back