Two Door Screws Closest To Dash

Dino1956

I'm going to make a very long story shorter. Had a Paint & Body Shop replace my door and when I got the door back, when I opened & closed the door it made a snapping or popping sound right at the halfway mark of opening or closing. As I did not want this shop, who I have no faith in to fix it, the way they should have in the first place, I noticed 2 Screws on the Door were loose. I tightened these screws and it stopped the Snapping/Popping sound. I guess my question is, what do those screws hold together inside of the door. Can someone explain. Thanks in advance.

No. I was told the 2 nuts are for the Door Stop. The midway point where the door stops so it does not open all the way real fast. Thanks.

if I'm thinking of the same thing your talking about it is just one of the many screws that hold the panel on the door but not sure if we are talking about the same thing. do they have a cap type thing that snaps over it?

No. I was told the 2 nuts are for the Door Stop. The midway point where the door stops so it does not open all the way real fast. Thanks.

Well if the screws were loose, the doorstop mechanism would clunk/snap since the slider is loose...

Rickrock,

You are correct. Tightened bolts and it stopped the Snapping/Popping sound. The idiot that put the door on, never tightened them. That is not all this Paint & Body shop did wrong but I won't whine about my ordeal.

Thanks Guys !

Dino

Back