Turbo timer with Alarm

drewski1990

:
mazdaspeed protege 2003.5
Just installed Turbo Timer . Everything works fine, but I can't arm the car while its running, like I cant lock the doors. Is it supposed to be like that or did I do something Wrong? I followed this.

Last edited:
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a turbo timer? I can just sit in the car and wait 30 sec -.- .. Is everyone else's T.T behaves the same?

I agree with you. This was discussed at some in another thread. What I can remember is other people are experiencing the same thing and there was a debate about whether or not we even needed a turbo timer because our turbo's are water cooled and turbo timers were designed to extend the life of a journal bearing turbo. I think someone has figured out how to get it to work the way you want it to but I couldn't tell you where to tip.d the info.

you answered your own question. someone makes and alarm with built in timer or you can always just look car from inside.

TT's are just a bling mod for cars with water cooled turbos. Welcome to the 1980's. I doubt you're hard boosting into your parking spot, and if you are then you need to make other adjustments beyond anything a TT will assist with.

Necessity, or lack of, aside, if a TT is on your must have list, than you're stuck with the situation. Even my newer Speed6 has the same issue, but at least we get auto up windows so we can look ghetto by rolling down the window, getting out & closing the door, reaching back in through the window, locking the door & using the one-touch auto up function of the windows. I stress the lack of grace and again the lack of necessity. A worthwhile mod doesn't usually make your buddies giggle at you.....

Theres an old ass thread out here somewhere with the how too for this. I'll try to find it, I might have the file at home.

There are 2 wires in the Alarm that you need to mod and then a wire on the rear deck that you need to cut. I can arm my car with the TT running and the car on and I have the stock alarm.

And yes, as TiGray said....TTs in the speed are pretty useless I can admit. The turbo in our cars is water cooled so no real need to let it cool. But its not like it is going to hurt anything besides burn a little extra gas.

if you are in the car with the turbo timer running take the keys out open the door hit the master lock button on the drivers side door. Close said door and wait for the car to turn off. Your car alarm should turn on when the car shuts off and the doors are locked at least in my it does. i cant tell you how many times i've been working on my car in the garage and had the windows down in the car but hit the inside door lock out of habbit. then i go to open the door again so i just pull up the lock tab and open the door to hear the glorious sound of my alarm amplified 10x because im in a garage with the door closed lol.

I'll definitely look into the thread if evilmonkey can find it. As of now, I'll live with 2.0t03speed words. BTW 2.0t03speed, is yours a stock alarm? I did the samething, but it won't arm after it shuts off. Im guessing you need an aftermarket alarm with a T.T feature?

Found the thread. I did this mod years ago and my alarm arms using the keyless remote while the car is running and stays armed after the car turns off.

actually this is what i threw together from my understanding:

Cut blue white wire at keyless module.

Then cut the pin 6 orange wire at the alarm brain 2 inches up (diagram on bottom of alarm) then take the alarm side of the wire (the side of the wire still connected to the alarm) and tap it into the thick black orange wire coming out of the alarm harness. Then tape up the car side of the orange wire.<O:p></O:p>

this is the diagram of the alarm:

Alarm%20Module%20Diagram.jpg

from this thread:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...alarm-with-tt&highlight=keyless+entry+box+mod

The keyless remote wire runs along the rear deck right behind the rear seats. Fold those down and undo the rear deck so you can lift it up and you should be able to see the wire.

Back