Trim recommendation and after market surround view

jalimohideen

:
CX5
Hi,
I am in the market for buying a new car and looking into CX5 as a potential option. Some of the key feature I am looking for are

1. Memory seats
2. Heated seats/Steering Wheel
3. Blind Spot Monitor
4. AWD
5. Rear Camera with Surround View

I don't think CX5 offers surround view. In this case, are there any reliable after market options?
Also, given these are the essential features. what trim option should I go for

Thanks,
J

To get memory seats and a heated steering wheel you have to go for the top of the line Grand Touring with the Premium Options package.

Yup, AlecMyrddyn is correct.
you'll want the Grand Touring with Premium Package.

if you download the CX-5 brochure, it's on page 23

As noted you get 1-4 on a GT with premium package.

#5 isn't available, nor really necessary on the CX5. The back up camera is sufficient for the rearward blind spots and the front is easy to gauge by eye.

If surround view is a killer, look elsewhere. It does check the rest of your boxes, though. Test drive one...I'll bet you won't even miss that. And did we mention the rear seats have heat, too? Yea.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If you need the view of the sides, you can always adjust your side mirrors and point them downwards prior to or while parking. I do this when I have to park on the street in our neighborhood. As everyone has mentioned, everything else you listed is covered by a GT trim with the Premium Options package.

As noted you get 1-4 on a GT with premium package.

#5 isn't available, nor really necessary on the CX5. The back up camera is sufficient for the rearward blind spots and the front is easy to gauge by eye.

Correct. Only thing Mazda has that comes slightly close is the side camera (which as we know only shows kerbside view) and that is only available in certain countries

The rear view camera on this car is very wide and I've never had any issues with it. Surround view would be neat but not needed in this car, I am easily able to tell where my front and rear end is.

The rear view camera on this car is very wide and I've never had any issues with it. Surround view would be neat but not needed in this car, I am easily able to tell where my front and rear end is.

Apparently they have also improved the clarity of the rear view camera for the 2017 CX-5

Apparently they have also improved the clarity of the rear view camera for the 2017 CX-5

I don't know, it looks the same to me compared to my 2014 mazda 3 sGT. I will say tho, the screen is more clear and sharper, less reflective compared to the mazda 3 where sometimes it's hard to see if light hits it.

I don't know, it looks the same to me compared to my 2014 mazda 3 sGT. I will say tho, the screen is more clear and sharper, less reflective compared to the mazda 3 where sometimes it's hard to see if light hits it.

Maybe the change in screen has caused this improvement (uhm)

You wonder why they say the kids born today will never learn to drive? You guys are talking about things that we have done for years with no real issues. **** all this tech look around the car, put my seat in its place, tell me when traffic is next to me, help me park, open my rear hatch, door lock bull s***. Give me the money spent on that crap in making it perform better.

Back