TPMS, Traction control and AT lights all on at the same time

I am having an issue the last few days with my 2014 CX-5. I will be driving along and I will feel a small jerk, like shifting gears, and then the AT, TPMS light and the Traction Control light come on. The Traction light will be solid amber, the TPMS will flash and then become solid amber and the AT will be solid amber for about 10 seconds and then go off. The car seems to drive OK but I want to figure out what it is. Also, when I turn off the car and turn back on, the lights are gone. I took it to the dealer and they basically told me that that it has to be still doing it when I bring it to them.

HELP!!!

First thought is check your battery condition and it's connections. Modern cars seem to be very sensitive to quality electrical power.

Beyond that, I would suspect an ABS sensor next.

Upvote 0
Original battery, so 8 years old

A battery at that age is due for a replacement anyway. I'd start there.

Beyond that, I'd try to get video footage of the issue somehow. Maybe have someone in the car with you who can record the cluster while you're driving. At least that way you'll have something to show the shop, which might help them figure out where to start with their diagnosis.

Upvote 0
Original battery, so 8 years old
Haven’t seen a factory battery which can last 8 years for a long time. I’d also suggest to get an Interstate Group 35 battery from Costco for $89. It’s an easiest way to verify the problem, and your battery is due anyway.

The longest I’ve seen, a good friend of mine in Connecticut whose OEM battery in his 2003 Lexus LX 470 lasted 13 years and 100,000 miles at the time he sold the LX!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Haven’t seen a factory battery which can last 8 years for a long time. I’d also suggest to get an Interstate Group 35 battery from Costco for $89. It’s an easiest way to verify the problem, and your battery is due anyway.

The longest I’ve seen, a good friend of mine in Connecticut whose OEM battery in his 2003 Lexus LX 470 lasted 13 years and 100,000 miles at the time he sold the LX!
Well, I changed out the battery last night and when I was driving in the driveway, it did it again. Back to square 1 I guess :(

Upvote 0
Well, I changed out the battery last night and when I was driving in the driveway, it did it again. Back to square 1 I guess :(
So the problem is intermittent? The lights don't immediately illuminate at time of ignition on? Time to look at the back of each wheel assembly and look for damage to the abs / wheel sensors. Are you in a region with salt used on the roads? If yes those sensors and brackets could be working them selves loose.

Upvote 0
I am having an issue the last few days with my 2014 CX-5. I will be driving along and I will feel a small jerk, like shifting gears, and then the AT, TPMS light and the Traction Control light come on. The Traction light will be solid amber, the TPMS will flash and then become solid amber and the AT will be solid amber for about 10 seconds and then go off. The car seems to drive OK but I want to figure out what it is. Also, when I turn off the car and turn back on, the lights are gone. I took it to the dealer and they basically told me that that it has to be still doing it when I bring it to them.

HELP!!!
Hey did you ever figure out what was going on I’m going through the same thing now ?

Upvote 0
Need to scan your vehicle ASAP, I've seen this before in a Mazda3 it's transmission issue. AT Fluid contaminated. How many miles?
See if any of these DTC are present.

Attachments

• SB-10085422-6903.pdf
    463.2 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0
Back