Top 5 Reasons NOT to Buy a CX-5

TreyP

2018 Soul Red AWD Touring CX-5
1) The back seats are very comfortable. This means everyone will want to take the CX-5 on family trips, which racks up the miles and puts you at risk for parking lot dings from other idiot drivers who are careless/jealous.

2) It is great in the snow, especially with proper snow tires. This means no excuse to call out from work after the big storm.

3) Plenty of cargo space, so forget about the pickup, we're taking the CX-5 to Home Depot for supplies.

4) Chicks dig it...ok, this one is a plus (unless you're happily married/in a relationship, which I am, hon!) (no)

5) Great gas mileage, which means more money for booze and gambling. Remember kids, CX-5s lead to drunken gambling.

crappy gps
no driver side seat memory (supposedly changing on the 2015)
no keyless entry/start without tech package (supposedly changing on the 2015)
buttons that don't light up
heated seats don't warm enough
no homelink garage opener (without buying the tech package)

1) The back seats are very comfortable. This means everyone will want to take the CX-5 on family trips, which racks up the miles and puts you at risk for parking lot dings from other idiot drivers who are careless/jealous.

2) It is great in the snow, especially with proper snow tires. This means no excuse to call out from work after the big storm.

3) Plenty of cargo space, so forget about the pickup, we're taking the CX-5 to Home Depot for supplies.

4) Chicks dig it...ok, this one is a plus (unless you're happily married/in a relationship, which I am, hon!) (no)

5) Great gas mileage, which means more money for booze and gambling. Remember kids, CX-5s lead to drunken gambling.

Haha, love it!! :)

crappy gps
no driver side seat memory (supposedly changing on the 2015)
no keyless entry/start without tech package (supposedly changing on the 2015)
buttons that don't light up
heated seats don't warm enough
no homelink garage opener (without buying the tech package)

I don't have the tech package and I have a homelink garage opener....

Right on every count

Right on every count

I don't have the tech package and I have a homelink garage opener....

did you get the $450 aftermarket option? when i was seriously looking, the aftermarket or the tech package was the only way to get this. perhaps the 2014.5?

Based on the responses so far, its obvious some didn't even bother to read the original post. (sad2)

Last edited:
did you get the $450 aftermarket option? when i was seriously looking, the aftermarket or the tech package was the only way to get this. perhaps the 2014.5?

No aftermarket option at all, just the standard GT package. Mines the 2014 with the gated shifter.

1. Because you read all the comparisons and feel sorry for the other SUVs. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1308_compact_crossover_comparison/compact_crossover_winner.html http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2013-toyota-rav4-xle-awd-vs-2014-subaru-forester-25i-touring-2014-mazda-cx-5-grand-touring-awd-final-scoring-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-5

2. Your neighbors own H2 and H3 Hummers and you do not want to appear as "green".

3. You do not like having fun so driving something fun is not in your nature.

4. You mistake the definition of KODO thinking it was massive reptiles with thick leathery skin from Warcraft and you are afraid of reptiles. http://www.wowwiki.com/Kodo

5. You believe since Pontiac went out of business no one makes a nice looking SUV.

2002-pontiac-aztek-awd-pic-25101.jpeg

Last edited:
My budget for drugs/booze/other substances is zero, so CX-5 savings has no impact on that.

* sigh *

The thread was meant to be a tongue in cheek joke, because in my opinion the CX-5 is a great car to buy. (yes)

You are correct, I get it now. I apologize for sounding like an idiot.

The CX-5 is still on my list for many of the reasons you mention. Hopefully, soon I can call myself an owner.

Thank TreyP! Much appreciated. :)

Call me an old Fogey but I have a Touring without the tech package. Any way to add keyless entry by itself? (Please don't answer if I'm inappropriately going off thread--my apols.)

1. Because you read all the comparisons and feel sorry for the other SUVs. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1308_compact_crossover_comparison/compact_crossover_winner.html http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2013-toyota-rav4-xle-awd-vs-2014-subaru-forester-25i-touring-2014-mazda-cx-5-grand-touring-awd-final-scoring-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-5

2. Your neighbors own H2 and H3 Hummers and you do not want to appear as "green".

3. You do not like having fun so driving something fun is not in your nature.
(2thumbs)

Thank TreyP! Much appreciated. :)

Call me an old Fogey but I have a Touring without the tech package. Any way to add keyless entry by itself? (Please don't answer if I'm inappropriately going off thread--my apols.)
Hey Jim,

This was discussed in another thread not too long ago...if I recall, the consensus was that it is not possible unfortunately.

Back