Told I cannot install automatic doors and and remote starts on my 2010 Mazda 3i

sanblaster

:
2009 CWP Mazda Axela Sport & 2006 Nissan 350z
Hey Mods, please put this in the correct area. Thanks.

All, (*this is Sanblasters' brother*)

I bought a 2010 mazda 3i and it came on the low end with accessories (just auto windows). I took it to a local shop to get automatic locks and a starter installed, and was told they have problems with starters with the last 2 years of Mazda 3's and could not guarantee that it would work. I told them just do the auto-doors then, dropped off my car, picked it up 8 hours later and they told me that they couldn't do the auto-locks because the car uses cables to lock and unlock the doors, not rods.

1) Is it possible to get post factory auto-starter installed?
2) Is it possible to get post-factory auto-locks installed?
3) Is this shop I took it to full of idiots?

Thanks,
Mike

Is it an automatic or standard?
The auto start isnt even available from the factory for Standard trandsmission vehicles. Their way of keeping dumb people from starting the car in gear from 800ft away. (this is obviously because some one somewhere already made this mistake)

As for the autolocks, I am not sure about it, but I doubt a shop would deny you service for no reason. Most shops are trying to get every penny they can in this economy. So they are probably right. Your best bet is to talk to the dealership about getting it installed to see if it is even possible. If they say it is, then I would just find another shop.

Good luck man.

Take off the door panel and look to see if its cables or rods. Either way, I believe there are aftermarket auto door lock kits. As far as a remote starter, take it to a stereo shop and they will install one no problem.

Looking into the factory remote start for you and from what I can tell, factory remote start is available. Looking into the kit, its a one button remote start. This means that the keyless entry is either tied into what the system already has or is not available. This is a chart (if you can view properly, Ive not uploaded a picture here before). The only ones I see Not available (N/A) are Manual Transmission (M/T). Hope this helps
remotestart.JPG

Thanks for the info guys and the jpg! I will let the bro know what is going on and we will do some futher investigating. Appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back