Those of you with the 2010 OEM Bose radio-how do you change the clock?

sbmrinaldi

:
07 CX9 Grand Touring FWD
Maybe a dumb question but I have an 07 and switched the head unit out of our 07 for a Bose head unit from a 2010. I liked the display better. But now I cannot seem to change the clock. Everything was a simple plug and play, but on my 07 radio unit I needed to push "clock" until it blinked and then change the time by hitting for hours or minutes. The new head unit off the 2010 does not seem to have a clock button.

I think right around $200 and it came with the Mazda Ipod cable which was another thing I wanted. I ended up selling my head unit for a whopping $20-$25. I figured out how to set the clock to 1:00 so at least I can reset the clock similar to disconnecting the battery but I would prefer to know how to set the clock normally. I also seem to have lost my blue tooth which we never used, but would like to at least have it work again. No reason it shouldn't work since it again was all a plug and play. The wire harnesses were identical on both units.

wow $200, maybe i can sell mine for 150, it comes with the 3.5" screen from 2010 model

Yes, it was around $200 but came with the Ipod cable. I felt it was a nice change from the 07 head unit and I didn't want to spend $600-$700 for an aftermarket unit. Plus I think the Ipod cable itself runs about $125 through Mazda.

I believe the clock minutes are set via the GPS and then you adjust the hours based on your time zone and whether you are on DST.

I believe the clock minutes are set via the GPS and then you adjust the hours based on your time zone and whether you are on DST.

This unit is not the GPS unit, but rather just the Bose head unit. There is a button on the top center that is for "H" hours, "M" minutes, and and info button. When I push and hold the info button it will reset the clock back to 1:00, but both the hour and minute buttons don't seen to do anything. I am trying to find the magical button that allows those buttons to function. Anyone?

This unit is not the GPS unit, but rather just the Bose head unit. There is a button on the top center that is for "H" hours, "M" minutes, and and info button. When I push and hold the info button it will reset the clock back to 1:00, but both the hour and minute buttons don't seen to do anything. I am trying to find the magical button that allows those buttons to function. Anyone?

Someone with that unit installed should be able to tell you.

wow $200, maybe i can sell mine for 150, it comes with the 3.5" screen from 2010 model

I was looking at this unit to replace the base head unit I have, if I cannot figure how to retrofit factory Nav. I have a queestion, does the head unit with the 3.5" screen display the song titles and the artist?

Nobody still? Again at least I can set the clock back to 1:00 which is better and I know have the clock set by doing it that way but there must be a way to set the clock.

Yes the 3.5 screen MID/Display does display TTAG data (i.e. Songs, titles etc.).

Thanks Antonio D, like I was saying I may look into getting one of these either instead of or before I figure out how to:

Retrofit factory NAV and still have all the functioning controls
Install an aftermarket head unit and still have all the functioning controls

So I am kinda looking for a 3.5" display unit on the cheap.

You're welcome. Keep in mind it will not display TTAG over Bluetooth, just over the iPod connection. Not sure if the changes in ios5 will change this or not.

Back