That was close....

chief_wiggum

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3-2010 Mazda5 GT
scanyh.jpg

I had to check the manual to see what the gas tank could hold after this fill up.

Last edited:
Wow gas is cheap in the US!... in Vancouver that would have been almost $70 bucks! (and the exchange rate is at $0.98 today)

That was close, Chief! Half a gallon left. I did that once in my Corolla, paved way to a record breaking $71 fillup in 2008. :) Of course gas prices have come way down since then.

Wishmater, only $61 in Mission. Jealous? :D

Wow, no joke! How far did you drive with the fuel light on? I don't think I've ever put more than about 13 gallons in.

So how many miles did you get for that 15.3 gallons, Chief? I've seen claims of over 500 on this forum for a tank (over 70 miles with the low fuel light on)

That was close, Chief! Half a gallon left. I did that once in my Corolla, paved way to a record breaking $71 fillup in 2008. :) Of course gas prices have come way down since then.

Yes, closer than I thought

Wow, no joke! How far did you drive with the fuel light on? I don't think I've ever put more than about 13 gallons in.

I'm not sure how long the fuel light was on -- this is not my daily driver and the mood in the car was not right to ask....

So how many miles did you get for that 15.3 gallons, Chief? I've seen claims of over 500 on this forum for a tank (over 70 miles with the low fuel light on)

I think around 360 miles; it was all city driving.

whoa, 16 gallons? i never realized how big that tank was.

Always filled up at around 50 L (12.5 G).

Good to know that i have some leeway. Just hope I dont' start pushing my luck now!!(naughty)

Man I just filled up and I got 220 out of 15.7 gallons all city driving....WTF?

I fill up around 300 miles, usually takes about 13.5 gal. a few times i've run it down, needing around 15 gal.
btw, for our Canadian friends, gas at 2.86/gal is kind of pricy compared to NJ (which has the lowest gas taxes). regualr is around 2.45/gal near me.

Back