Thanks from a new 16' GT owner!

moJoe

:
2016 Mazda CX5 GT w/ Tech
Hey all,

I just wanted to say THANKS from a new CX5 owner, this forum was so helpful when I was researching this amazing car! It's my 1st Mazda and I actually had just bought a certified 13' CRV a month prior but my regret at not trying a CX5 ate me alive (rust/paint, never owning a mazda, made me a little wary). The CRV was nice, but it didn't move me, it was pretty good at everything, but it had no soul. So I made a decision that I couldn't spend that much on something and not LOVE it, so I traded the CRV in, and I'm soooo happy now. I got a 2016.5 GT AWD w/ tech in Meteor Grey. Just passed the 600 mile mark and I'm one happy guy, I absolutely love this car!

Just threw some tints on the front, had to keep them close to 35% as I'm in CT but dig em, here's a few quick pics:

- Joe

Last edited:
Awesome and congrats!! I have the same color, and just tinted my windows about a week ago. Great color, and the tint makes it even better. Enjoy the car! I suggest replacing the interior lights with LEDs as well as the license plate and reverse lights. All look great with LEDs.

Nice ride! I was so torn between this color and black. it had been 20 years since i had a black car so I went that way but now I wonder... Nah, I am good but I like yours just as much.

Congrats and enjoy your new ride!
It looks exactly like ours, including the front tint. I also had clear film installed to protect the front end. I second jhu8's suggestion to install interior LED lights. I didn't replace the license plate lights, not crazy about illuminating my plate more than it is, and IMO they create a halo reducing the visibility of the backup camera.

Back