2013~2016 CX-5 Swaybar Polyurethane Bushing kit Install DIY

We’re glad that you completed the install, now tell us the impact. Sharper turn-in, harsher ride, no difference? Enquiring minds want to know…

first impression after done some driving and cornering , steering response definitely are so much better than before, the car is just more planted down to the ground during hard cornering. very stable , very sporty feel not too harsh not too soft the car feel just about right. Its like a new car feel but tad a bit stiffer. if you know what i mean.

Based on my experience when installing harder bushings on other vehicles, your description makes sense. I always had more suspension noise over bumps, but different vehicles will behave differently.

Hey Felix,

Thanks for posting this video. Just out of curiosity, did you run into any issues when removing the rear sway bar bushing bracket bolts/nuts?

Based on watching your video, I was wondering if you had to drop the rear subframe or did you just come in from an open angle?

Last edited:
Hey Felix,

Thanks for posting this video. Just out of curiosity, did you run into any issues when removing the rear sway bar bushing bracket bolts/nuts?

Based on watching your video, I was wondering if you had to drop the rear subframe or did you just come in from an open angle?
i went the hard way without removing the rear subframe, the correct way is lower the subframe for better access of the bushings bracket nuts. Lucky mine were not too difficult to remove the nuts just had to be extra patience as the space very tight.

It was a very tight space to work with on this car. But managed to complete the install.

Anyone know if there is a kit for the later model CX-5?

I have a 2022 Turbo that I'd like to swap out the bushings on but I've given up searching. Can't even find the size of the sway bar and hate to jack it up just to measure but I guess I'll end up doing that. Think it looks about 24-25mm.

Anyone know if there is a kit for the later model CX-5?

I have a 2022 Turbo that I'd like to swap out the bushings on but I've given up searching. Can't even find the size of the sway bar and hate to jack it up just to measure but I guess I'll end up doing that. Think it looks about 24-25mm.
Have you look thru Superpro Australia i think they have it for your mazda cx 5. But yes, you have to measure the diameter of the Sway bar.

I checked there (Superpro) and they don't list them.

I was able to determine the size when I had it jacked up. Looks like 18mm rear and 23mm front for a 2022 CX-5.

Noticing the limited (as in tight) access to changing the rear stabilizer bar bushings (thankfully not needed they look good) I've decided to include that area when applying rustproofing in the near future. I sprayed it and other areas with a rust penetrating oil after which dries will get sprayed with a waxy, cosmoline -like coating. Definitely will be including the ball joint pinch bolts and the ABS sensor bolts after applying anti-seize to them. A bit of rust prevention should make component removal easier in the future. Road salt is a killer.

Back