Suspension Recommendations

Ty07allstar

:
03 Protege ES
I have a 2003 Protege ES with front and rear racingbeat sway bars. The next thing that I want to upgrade is the struts and springs. It is my daily driver but I also autox it. I want to have a comfortable ride but I want it to be competitive in autox. I've been looking at the Tokico Illuminas because they are adjustable. I like them because I can stiffen them when I race then soften them when I'm not racing. My big question is what springs? I want springs that will even out my ride and be comfortable for every day use. I have been looking at the H&R's because they are stiff but not too stiff and I think they will even out my ride quite nice. I've also looked at coilovers but I think they are a little too expensive and may night be as comfortable for a daily driver. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
H&R are always a good bet. Some people like Tein as well. Eibach is always a safe bet as well. Look through the MSP suspension tech section and you will see a sticky that has alot of combo's listed as well as some coilover options.

First question would be what class do you want to stick too? If it is stock, then there are a limited number of things you can do. ST, that is a different story.

First question would be what class do you want to stick too? If it is stock, then there are a limited number of things you can do. ST, that is a different story.

Since I have the MP3 ECU that puts me in ST and I would like to stay in ST.

Back