Suspension/Camber Questions

Flash5

Corners > Straight Lines
:
2002 Mazda P5
Ok guys/gals, I am getting close to dropping the p5 and just have some quick question for you suspension gurus. Hopefully by the end of this i won't come off as too much of a noob and get my moderator status taken away :)

First off I want to make sure I have everything set to go when I install the springs, struts and rear sway bar.

Things i have/am buying soon:
-Eibach Pro-Kit :)
-Tokico Blues
-Progress rear sway bar
-Front and rear AWR endlinks

Here is where I need some advice. What else will I need? I believe i need to cut the bump stops like two notches? What else do I need to take off the stock suspension? Anything else I should look out for in the install.

My next set of questions involves camber. I want to run some negative camber. Now to do this, do I need to buy camber bolts or some other camber items or would the alignment shop be able to set the camber I want? How much camber would be good to run front and back?

Thanks for any help you guys/gals can give! I will be posting pics when it is all said and done.

lol anyone? if i dont get an answer soon im gonna post up in the p5 section

Why cutting the bump stops?

Ok guys/gals, I am getting close to dropping the p5 and just have some quick question for you suspension gurus. Hopefully by the end of this i won't come off as too much of a noob and get my moderator status taken away :)

First off I want to make sure I have everything set to go when I install the springs, struts and rear sway bar.

Things i have/am buying soon:
-Eibach Pro-Kit :)
-Tokico Blues
-Progress rear sway bar
-Front and rear AWR endlinks

Here is where I need some advice. What else will I need? I believe i need to cut the bump stops like two notches? What else do I need to take off the stock suspension? Anything else I should look out for in the install.

My next set of questions involves camber. I want to run some negative camber. Now to do this, do I need to buy camber bolts or some other camber items or would the alignment shop be able to set the camber I want? How much camber would be good to run front and back?

Thanks for any help you guys/gals can give! I will be posting pics when it is all said and done.

i heard that u need to cut them when u drop

Its highly recommended to change out your bump stops for msp bump stops or you can go the route i did and order these.

Bump stops
74011.jpg

http://www.racingbeat.com/FRprotege.htm

Last edited:
Height is correct. Msp bump stops are shorter then those used on the protege5. Obviously, shorter bumper stops give the struts longer travel over bumps and in doing so....gives a smoother ride.

Back