Sunshade for 15 CX-5

Buzzer777

:
Mazda,CX-5, AWD,2015 Grand Touring, Meteor Gray Mica
After searching high and low...from oem to after market, I decided on this one from AutoAnything...
Looks like a good one (6 layer...not 3!) Temps are on the way up and we are about 5000ft above sea level...no UV filtering:(
http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A5833A0A0.aspx

Got 20% off and free shipping (under $50!, including storage pouch)
seems like a good company to deal with, and it should be here in a week or so! (will post impressions and photo then).
My interior is Blk Leather and needed something
http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A5833A0A0.aspx

I am NOT affiliated with them either!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
It's too wide! :(

The custom sunshade from Auto Anything arrived this evening and I eagerly un-boxed it, and checked it out.
Impressions:The shade itself , along with excellent workmanship very nicely made, with high quality materials.
Even the Storage Bag was high quality! (didn't check before I re-boxed it, but it looks as if it was MADE IN THE USA!

Additionally, It looks like unfolding it, with a passenger present, would have presented its own problems, due the rigid nature of the shade...

I cannot fault AutoAnything here, as they have been a pleasure to deal with. Good communication, free Fed-X Freight. (hopefully that will include the return freight, since they probably have a volume arrangement with Fed-X.

I guess, I will break out the Wally-World $7 one size fits all...sigh. Be that as it may, this is perhaps my 7th year with that flexible shade, having used it in 3 of my own vehicles + numerous ("guest appearances'...LOL).

Last edited:
I had one of those fold up types with the thick panels long ago. I swapped to a roll up heatshield because the panels painted on coating absorbed heat. The car stayed cool, but I nearly burned my fingers taking the shade down.

I have something like this I purchased at Walmart for $7. Going on the 4th season with it. What is so special at $50?

We purchased this 3 years ago: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Its thick and provides max custom fit coverage. Made in USA.

41pzctmvjqL.jpg

I have a Walmart one too!

I have something like this I purchased at Walmart for $7. Going on the 4th season with it. What is so special at $50?

I imagine I am paying for the custom fit.
After years of messing with the Walmart generic model, and getting it to stay up on the windshield of my autos, I decided to try a custom one!

I wanted to try the stiffer model...the roll up models work but are a hassle to get into place and Amazon has become a pain to deal with on many items!!

Getting it in place was okay for me. The hassle I found with this "roll" model was that the velcro strip was a bit short. That and when rolled up takes up more space than a folded version. What I really like is the shiny end for max ability to reflect the sun's rays and very durable construction. The company is based in Arizona (and no I don't work for them).

Can you tell us if the Amazon one really fits that nicely? Any other photos of it?...folded up?

I imagine I am paying for the custom fit.
After years of messing with the Walmart generic model, and getting it to stay up on the windshield of my autos, I decided to try a custom one!

I totally agree. Just haven't put down the money yet, but I'm thinking I'll fall for it and end up paying that much too.

Can you tell us if the Amazon one really fits that nicely? Any other photos of it?...folded up?

I totally agree. Just haven't put down the money yet, but I'm thinking I'll fall for it and end up paying that much too.

The fit is perfect for the HeatShield model. The negative is that a "folded" model takes up less space for storage. Found this pic as reference.

37367d1307852666-sun-shade-img_0783.jpg

I got one of those fitted ones for my original cx5 in 2012. Still using it and it works like a champ in 100+ Texas heat. Yes the front does get hot but it also works very well and fits well.

Back