still looking for 20b

jayrcr #2

Mabey it's me but i can't find one anywhere HELL i even own an import shop still can't find one ive talked to practically everyone. Anyone got any idea's maybe not meant to be.:confused:

mikesmazda155 said:
Is that the 3 rotary engine? Or am I just asking a dumb question?:confused:
yes its a 3 rotary. And not a dumb ? im still learning and ive been a mech for 11 year's still don't everthing. ha ha

Hey man it is a $4,000 dollar engine. I can maybe help you out with a website where you can get it. I will go to work tonight, and send it to you. Do you have a RX7?

YA gave it a once over nothing interesting.When im in San A ntonio im going to look around on friday before i get some drink's on the river walk.IF nothing turn's up im going to call around Austin and dallas.

Corksport has one listed for sale and in stock for 3999.00 including a pic. Click on the J-spec engines link on the main page.

Well guy's found a 20b for sale at the San Antonio drag wars last weekend.Im going to drive to dallas in two weeks to check it out .Hopefully im getting a 95 rx-7 this week.Everything is starting to come together!:D :D :D

i'm getting my jspec 89 13BT locally. it should be a good engine. i'll find out when i go pick it up next week. rotaries are easy to check for compression when they are out of the car. pull spark plugs and spin the flywheel then listen for whooshes :D

Not a very good way of testing a engine for good compression.

Yes it tells you it has some, but maybe not much.

You can use a standard compression guage, but you have to take the compression sensing portion apart, so the pintle is not enclosed.

its very crude but that can be the difference from buying a blown jspec or a good jspec. i told my friend to do it to his jspec and what do you know front rotor was GONE no apex seal! obviously if you can use fuji seiki rotary compression tester ;)

damn...I love it. Can I hang out with you guys? As much as it was a pain when I had to work on my ex's 3rd gen for him, I still miss it and have much to learn.

If you have small hands:D

I am doing a 89 intake swap on my RX, and I can't seem to fit my hands underneath the intake to finish it up.

Protg Mnac said:
The egnine is 4k, but doesnt it cost like 30-40k to actually INSTALL that sob? ;)
I have a friend who has a 20B fd conversion. He spent about $35K on the total conversion itself, with discounts on some parts with a hookup. :D

I would NEVER compare paying $70K for a 3-rotor fd to buying an M3 or Viper, ect...people will pay for what they want, especially for something hardly anyone has (about a dozen 3-rotor fd's in North America) and with such AWESOME power!!!

It's like saying "Why do you want that Mac when this Dell is the same price and "better"?"
it's all a matter of personal preference. :D:D:D

Back