SpeedProtege Coilovers..?

:
2003 Mazda Speed Protege
Hey everyone, new here, just got my speed protege a few weeks back! And I am thinking about lowering the car. The stock suspensions on its way out, and I wanted too lower the car anyway, so seems like a perfect time to upgrade. The thing is, I'm not particularly wise when it comes too suspension, especially on these cars. I've heard of a few good companies (B&G, Tein, and KW) but don't know anyone personally that runs any of these setups on their cars. I'm looking for a lower ride, with improved handling, but not a real rough ride. The car will be street driven, but will likely be driven hard (or will get a setup that can handle it, incase I do end up at a track at some point) I also heard something about pillowball joints being necessary (apparently some coilovers come with them) and I was also wondering camber. Also thought about lowering springs, wouldn't mind an opinion on that either.. Will I need any camber adjustments for a 1-2.5" drop? I guess what I'm looking for is recommendations on whats worked for you guys, something with a smooth ride and good handling, and all the parts I will need for the install.
Thanks!

I had kws, and I personally did not like them and I would not recommend them. They cost 2000 dollars and they don't even come with top hats or camber plates. My second set are fortune auto 500 now those I would recommend and those come with camber plates already installed and can be serviced in the United States.

YELLOWSPEED's I have a set but have yet to run them due to my car being in pieces at the moment. But I did a little research with people who had some already and they had nothing bad to say they are great for the price and very quality piece.
heres a pic of mine when i got them and I only installed the rears for now they aren't adjusted they are the height they came but as you can see they go low enough IMO. I won't be running them that low because i want a functional car the fronts do come with camber adj the rears do not, but still for under 1K you'll like them. Hit up CR3 MOTORSPORTS hell take care of ya.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...Build-Thread&p=6235757&viewfull=1#post6235757

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123812131-GB-YellowSpeed-Coilovers

Back