Speed 6 vs. WRX STI

What about the WRX sedan, non STI?? I was hoping to hear from someone who had actaully raced one, because hp numbers, obviously, don't automatically tell you who wins.

The Speed6 beats the -2005 WRXs after hitting 4th. Equal below that. The 06s are harder, but they are doable...if you can hang on till 100mph without having any driver error, you are ok after that...they are almost if not equal (driver mod) 0-100mph...after that, you can granny shift you way to victory

(im exagerating though lol, dont granny shift!)

The 04 STI is equal (driver mod), the 05 is faster, but just a bit. The 06 STI rips you a new one by 2 lenghts. Straightline speaking of coarse.

Karma_hunden said:
The Speed6 beats the -2005 WRXs after hitting 4th. Equal below that. The 06s are harder, but they are doable...if you can hang on till 100mph without having any driver error, you are ok after that...they are almost if not equal (driver mod) 0-100mph...after that, you can granny shift you way to victory

(im exagerating though lol, dont granny shift!)

The 04 STI is equal (driver mod), the 05 is faster, but just a bit. The 06 STI rips you a new one by 2 lenghts. Straightline speaking of coarse.

Lol, thx man

i raced an 05' wrx he had some mods beat him by 2 cars...

im talkin bout the reg wrx not STI

I'll gladly race a MS3/MS6 in my WRX. It's not an STI - but I'll still be showing you my taillights just the same.

Micah said:
I'll gladly race a MS3/MS6 in my WRX. It's not an STI - but I'll still be showing you my taillights just the same.

I'll take a run at you. Only two cars I've been beat by were a 400hp GTO and a moded out STI. STI tore a small caliber hole in my ass and the GTO got me by a length or two. Unless you have multiple mods, I'll run away.(eekdance)

Micah said:
If the trap speed in your sig is current your ass is toast. (loser)

Micah said:

I will run you..... I have ripped holes in MANY Cobb Stage 2 Stupies with mods

Trap speed is current, or at least what it was with a slipping clutch. Just replaced the clutch, no more slipping - simply a matter of me learning to launch my car and feeling comfortable with doing so. I've walked away from stock EVO/STI without much of an issue if they don't launch.

In any case, for those wondering - here is the modlist:

Mod list for my 2002 Black WRX MT

Engine Perfomance:

Ihi vf34 turbo (2002 JDM STi turbo) $1275 Gruppe S with pump and inj
STi Fuel Injectors
Walbro Fuel Pump 255lph
2006 STi Intercooler $300 used
TGV Delete (removed, welded, ported and polished) Done by friend for free
Exedy Organic Stage 1 Clutch $420
Perrin Intercooler Hose Kit $159
Perrin Turbo Inlet Hose $249
Perrin Intake Charge Pipe $79
K&N Typhoon Intake $150 (used)
Exedy Organic Stage 1 Clutch $419 ($885 installed)
Perrin Uppipe
GoFastBits Stealth Pulley (lightweight, just slightly underdriven)
Bosal Divorced Downpipe
gutted 3rd cat (that's right - no cats, but I can pass a visual! - hey it sounds better than if I think about it as the sole restriction in my exhaust)
Cobb 3" SS Catback

Brakes/Mounts:
STi Group-N Engine Mount
STi Group-N Tranny Mount
B&M Short Shifter with rear mount
Prothane Shift Bushings
RacingBrake Slotted Rotors
SS Brake Lines
Ceramic/Metallic pads
high temp brake fluid

Suspension:
Tein SuperSport Coilovers
Tein EDFC (love this thing)
Cusco 3way adjustable rear sway bar
Helix Rear Endlinks (sphere/ball mount)
Moog Extreme Camber Bolts
Falen Ziex512 on stock 16's

Engine Management & Gauges:
Cobb AccessPort (modified vf34 map with StreetTuner Software)
Gauge Cluster Dual Pod
GReddy Vac/Boost Electronic Gauge
GReddy EGT Electronic Gauge
GReddy Informeter

Rican219 said:
I will run you..... I have ripped holes in MANY Cobb Stage 2 Stupies with mods

Cool - just come down to NJ when you get a chance. Just so you know, I'm Cobb stage 2.5, not 2. It's comparable to UTEC stage 4. AFAIK, the differenece is the bigger turbo. I'm running 18psi on the vf34, it's slightly larger than the vf39(USDM STI) on the exhaust side and ball bearing cartridge. It's a fun and very streetable turbo, boost building somewhere under 2800rpm and full boost available by around 3200rpm. Had I wanted top end I would have gone the PE1820 route, but the vf34 had an off the shelf map available.

I gotta ask if you have such a sick modded WRX... why is your avantar a protege? man u gotta post pix of it for us at least.

Back