Son bought 2020 CX-5. Needs sat nav card. Recommendations?

:
Ottawa, Ontario
:
17 Mazda 6 GT
23 Kia Stinger GT Elite
So, my son had a BMW X1 that got written off in an accident (not his fault, no injuries).
He got the insurance settlement and bought a 2020 CX-5. He picked it up yesterday.
I'm not sure of the trim level, but it doesn't have sat nav.
I'm going to get one off Amazon, but there are a lot of choices. Is there any one brand that's more reliable or preferable to another?

They all seem to be reliable, just look at the reviews. Make sure the seller will take it back, I think Amazon will cover it if the seller won't.

One thing to keep in mind - you probably won't be able to update it when a new map update becomes available. It's hit or miss on the updates. My $40.00 nav card wouldn't update but some other posters on this forum had Amazon/Ebay cards that would update. It's a $40 crap shoot.

Got one from Amazon for my '17 CX5, which had a malfunctioning SD card. It worked.
Just bought one for my '16 Mazda6. The map is very outdated. For $40, I am giving it a shot.
To OP, just get one that works with your specific year/model.

Got one from Amazon for my '17 CX5, which had a malfunctioning SD card. It worked.
Just bought one for my '16 Mazda6. The map is very outdated. For $40, I am giving it a shot.
To OP, just get one that works with your specific year/model.
Some people just buy the cheap cards so the HUD will work.

The card has nothing to do with the HUD. Without the hardware for a HUD is doesn't matter if you have a card or not.
Sure it does. It uses the database for speed limits until it detects a sign. The HUD will still work without the card but all you'll get is your current speed and hopefully the road speed if there's a speed limit sign and stop signs.

Reactions: BWJ
You also get the driving directions projected up on the HUD when using the Mazda navigation system.

I’ve had factory Nav in my 19 gt-reserve and my 21 cx9 gt and have never turned it on. I stick to google maps through car play… I’m not a fan of the factory nav maps/system. Just an opinion.

Sure it does. It uses the database for speed limits until it detects a sign. The HUD will still work without the card but all you'll get is your current speed and hopefully the road speed if there's a speed limit sign and stop signs.

I stand corrected. But, the HUD will work without the card.

Back