smells like gas

mazdaspeedp

Contributor
:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
So everytime i check my oil it smells like gas on the dipstick? i was wondering if anyone else has this problem does this have to do with running to rich and not proper combustion? i am running a 255lph fuel pump too and not sure if this might be the reason? other wise maybe bad injectors? any help would be appreciated thanks

blow-by is leaking past the piston rings... but if you are smelling the gas. (first place idk when you decided you were going to sniff your dipstick :) )
But implying that you can smell the gas means that your oil would have to be soo contaminated with gas...

Or 2nd option, oil is also a petroleum byproduct?

yeah i guess that makes the most sence ill have to pull out my injectors today or tommorowi guess and check up on them

if its leaking there should be gas just chillin on the intake manifold. i had bad leaks in the past, youll smell it and 98% of the time youll see it too. especially if its going on for a while, cuz the pressure will make the leak worse.

yeah thats what i was worried about since i got that highpressure fuel pump and it smells in the car too. I think the ssafc might be makin it worse too. Is it hard to pull of the fuel rail to check it?

yeah thats what i was worried about since i got that highpressure fuel pump and it smells in the car too. I think the ssafc might be makin it worse too. Is it hard to pull of the fuel rail to check it?

you dont even need to do that. just take off the plastic cover and look at the injectors, if you see any puddles then you deff have a leak. also listen. if you have a leak youll most likely have noticed it by now.

my guess is that theyre just really close to each other and he maybe mistaken. im just trying to rule out the easier/cheaper solutions first, lol. ive also had a few leaky o rings, but then again ive changed the injectors like 8 times on this car in less then a year, lol

Latest posts

Back