Small Motor Sound when I Turn On & Off Igniton

Dino1956

I'm hearing a strange sound like a small motor, coming from the passenger front side of my car when I start ignition or turn off ignition. It only happens sometimes. Not everytime. It just started happening las week because I never heard or noticed it before. I have a DX. No powered seats. Does anyone know what the sound is ? Is something wrong ?

Could it be your heater fan? Maybe you only notice it at those times because it is not masked by the engine noise. Try turning your fan on and off while the car is in on but not actually running and see if that is the sound.

No I don't think it's that. I did some research, there is something called a Power Lock Actuator which is in each door. I think it's that. The sound is definitely coming from the passenger door.

Dino1956 said:
Very funny. No not THAT small motor. Wise guy ! :)
Oh...sorry. was a lil mad when i came across this. prolly the v tec is stuck. if thats not it, ion no.(which is what i should of said in the first place.)

red99pro said:
in the door? busted or poorly connected speaker?
that's the problem with locating and diagnosing sounds; it's often impossible to do alone--the acoustic interference & interplay of the surroundings can often lead one set of ears in the wrong direction...

I'd suggest getting 2 friends to help: one listening to the engine compartment and another listening under the vehicle.
Aside from the engine & starter, the only other motorized parts I can think of are the fuel pump, windshield wipers & fluid pump(s), and any actuators for the vent.
I'd be inclined to rule out the door locks & windows since the sounds they make are pretty obvious, as would be any fault in either system.
The sound system is plausible, but can be easily ruled out by making sure it's turned off before testing...
The radiator fan is a distant possibility, too.

dont' know really my sound comes from my drivers side but I think that it is a motor mount that is torn in the rear, my front is already torn, but i don't even bother fixing it because i dont need to.

make sure you post the result and let us know if you are able to fix it. I am not sure why the door lock would be making noises.

Back