2007~2015 CX-9 Sinking soft pedal - Diagnostic video and solution

delucat2

:
CX-9
Well, in a weird twist, there is a excellent troubleshooting video on YT that just appeared yesterday addressing this exact issue.

Bottom line - it is a internal failure of the ABS module that causes these symptoms.
Not the master cylinder, not electronics, but mechanical sticking / failure of the valves in the module. It seems like it should be the master cylinder, but it is not.

There are also Ford videos (I saw one for a E-150 van) that discuss the same failure, but the ABS module is slightly different. Same failure, sticking of the valves in the module.

This one has the same ABS module as my 2009 CX9
see - Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics - Mazda 3 Dangerous Brakes

Last edited:
Well, in a weird twist, there is a excellent troubleshooting video on YT that just appeared yesterday addressing this exact issue.

Bottom line - it is a internal failure of the ABS module that causes these symptoms.
Not the master cylinder, not electronics, but mechanical sticking / failure of the valves in the module. It seems like it should be the master cylinder, but it is not.

There are also Ford videos (I saw one for a E-150 van) that discuss the same failure, but the ABS module is slightly different. Same failure, sticking of the valves in the module.

see - Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics - Mazda 3 Dangerous Brakes
Your post seems to touch on my issue: I have a 2010 Mazda 3, 6-speed manual, 2.5 liter. The ABS, traction control and brake lights are all illuminating--C0002, C0082, C0020 and D0415. Trying to avoid an expensive repair--just wondering if this might be caused by a loose connection or a wire harness (friend's idea) that needs to be replaced or cleaned. Any ideas?? My mechanic advised me to go to a dealer, and that is likely a 2K repair, for a car that KBB says is worth 3500. Doesn't make sense. I'm thinking/hoping it is something minor. All 3 lit at the same time 3 weeks ago.

Welcome to the word of FoMoCo.

Back