Show off your gas mileage

:
South Carolina
:
12 MZ5 13 CX-5
As per the readout, which I know isn't hyper accurate, but it's not that far off.

2013 CX-5 sport automatic, 2.0 33.5 mpg
IMG_20220416_173346320_HDR.jpg

18.6 MPG, ‘20 Signature, Dec-Feb while running JB4 with Map 2, pure city driving. No remote start, so very few warm-ups. Guessing that’s the bottom of the range. Otherwise I saw as high as 21.0 during the summer.

Last edited:
We've averaged ~19 MPG's over the past 3+ years. The best it ever got was on a long 500 mile highway trip. It averaged a little over 28 MPG's then.

What's your average commute like?
Rural two-lane with speeds between 45-60. Forty miles round trip with 1000’ elevation change. Only a couple of stops along the way. I check the readout at both ends and it’s usually 33-34 mpg one way and 27-28 the other, providing I keep the tach between 1800-2000 rpm which is the sweet spot for torque vs. revs. I’ve found that just a single full throttle pass along the way will drop the average by 5 mpg at the end of a twenty mile commute.

18.6 MPG, ‘20 Signature, Dec-Feb while running JB4 with Map 2, pure city driving. No remote start, so very few warm-ups. Guessing that’s the bottom of the range. Otherwise I saw as high as 21.0 during the summer.
Hey... How does the jb4 feel? Any different than stock to justify it you think? Did you mpg improve? I'm in the 2018 cx9 GT. Looking to get feedback from those that did it etc.. thanks

Ad information :

The *** tuner installs between your car's sensors and its DME/ECU (computer) and manipulates vehicle performance through these connections making your vehicle much faster.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Typically these companies use words of description implying they are "tuning" you car via through the ECU. A true ECU calibration program goes directly to the maps in the ECU and not by connecting in between chosen sensors to change what they report to the ECU.
Its your money ,your engine, but my advise it get a TRUE ECU Calibration program.

ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR STOCK ECU PROGRAMING.

Hey... How does the jb4 feel? Any different than stock to justify it you think? Did you mpg improve? I'm in the 2018 cx9 GT. Looking to get feedback from those that did it etc.. thanks
There’s a noticeable increase in power. I really didn’t pay much attention to mpg other than the reading in the instrument display. Not sure what I was getting prior to the JB4 install. I don’t have my CX-5 anymore, but last I checked Burger’s JB4 was the only option for Mazda’s 2.5t.

Regardless, I prefer the JB4 platform over an ECU program because of the ability to remove it in the event of a warranty claim. ECU’s can be flashed back to stock but the dealer is able to see that when they plug it in. I’ll be ordering a JB4 for my new car as soon as I’ve adjusted to its stock performance.

I have been tracking fuel economy using the Fuelly app (now acar) since buying by 2014 CX-5 Touring FWD in March 2013.

Edit: I so think I have some bad data for the strange min and max numbers. I also certainly never paid $16 a gallon. Probably was supposed to be only $1.69. Though 24MPG average seems about right. A pretty good mix of highway and daily city driving.

Screenshot_2022-11-25-22-46-01-16_b0c2496a694cd51cd6913fffd62d3733.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-25-22-46-10-92_b0c2496a694cd51cd6913fffd62d3733.jpg

Last edited:
Back