Show me your CX-5 wheels

So far nothing. Only drove home from the shop with full load of my 20s in the back. Shouldn’t have any clearance issues from my understanding.
Sweet! Yeah should def be ok with 38 offset. Figured 245's should work even if keep the 45 offset. 245 is just slightly outside the range. Improved handling? Any noticable negative performance, or acceleration issues at all?
Am trying to decide on 235(closer to stock) or the 245.

Sweet! Yeah should def be ok with 38 offset. Figured 245's should work even if keep the 45 offset. 245 is just slightly outside the range. Improved handling? Any noticable negative performance, or acceleration issues at all?
Am trying to decide on 235(closer to stock) or the 245.
No clearance issues. Acceleration from a stop is slower and the steering response isn’t as nimble as expected. I have the turbo so acceleration taking a little hit is ok, and I haven’t driven hard like I did previously yet with my 20s so I’ll report back how the handling is later. Overall I’m very happy with the set up.

No clearance issues. Acceleration from a stop is slower and the steering response isn’t as nimble as expected. I have the turbo so acceleration taking a little hit is ok, and I haven’t driven hard like I did previously yet with my 20s so I’ll report back how the handling is later. Overall I’m very happy with the set up.
Hmmm. Good to know.
Thanks for the input. Just dropped 56 lbs of weight, 28 of it unsprung and feel the increased performance, the car is handling better and accelerating better. It's a non-turbo but now feels like it's in sport mode all the time. Since I'll be adding all kind of accessories and approx. 150 lb of weight, might only jump up to 235 instead of 245 for now. Although the 245s look awesome , mines non-turbo so don't want to take too much of a performance hit.

Hey guys. New to this forum. Just wanted to share the pic of the CX-5 with 19" RX8 R3 rims. Perhaps someone is looking for a photo of such combo (I know I have been...). These are Conti DWS06 plus tires in size 235/55R19. cheers

Attachments

• M0.jpg
    M0.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 792
  • M3.jpg
    M3.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 787
also, if anyone is wondering, the stock 19" rims from 2021 MY are 30lbs and 225/55 Toyo tires are 29lbs, for a complete wheel weight of 59lbs. These BBS R3 rims are 22lbs and Conti 235/55 tires are 28lbs for a total of 50lbs. So, I reduced the wheel weight from 59 to 50lbs. Sounds great. Do I feel the difference? Nope, to be honest ;) BBS rims are 19x8" +47 offset, Stock rims are 19x7 +45 offset.

I am thinking of adding 15mm hubcentric spacers/adapters in the front and 20mm in the rear... BUT I am worried if the wheels will stick out too much. I think such spacers would be fine with stock wheels, but these BBS are already poking 10mm to the outside. Here are the measurements for Front and Rear, compared to the original stock setup. Thoughts?

Front would stick out 25mm (with BBS and 15mm spacers) and Rear will be 30mm out (BBS and 20mm spacer) - compared to original setup.

Attachments

• front.PNG
    front.PNG
    14 KB · Views: 343
  • rear.PNG
    rear.PNG
    12.7 KB · Views: 177
also, if anyone is wondering, the stock 19" rims from 2021 MY are 30lbs and 225/55 Toyo tires are 29lbs, for a complete wheel weight of 59lbs. These BBS R3 rims are 22lbs and Conti 235/55 tires are 28lbs for a total of 50lbs. So, I reduced the wheel weight from 59 to 50lbs. Sounds great. Do I feel the difference? Nope, to be honest ;) BBS rims are 19x8" +47 offset, Stock rims are 19x7 +45 offset.
Thanks for posting. I'm planning to go to a 19x8 wheel also, though I'm planning to keep the OEM tires for now, and eventually go to 235/50 when the Toyos need replacing. I appreciate the info. Cheers

Thanks for posting. Did you have to make any modifications to accommodate the wider set up?
Nope. Everything's stock. I won't be using this kit it was just a test fit for a week. I'm heading for 19x9 +45. It gives a perfect flush fit with the fenders with 255/50R19. I'll be using my Performance Pack wheels from my Mustang. The ones on the pics are Mustang PP2 wheels replicas.

Nope. Everything's stock. I won't be using this kit it was just a test fit for a week. I'm heading for 19x9 +45. It gives a perfect flush fit with the fenders with 255/50R19. I'll be using my Performance Pack wheels from my Mustang. The ones on the pics are Mustang PP2 wheels replicas.
Thanks, that's good to know. I'm planning to stick with the oem tires for now but use 19x8 wheels with +35 offset. According to willtheyfit.com, that set up should match yours pretty closely as far as far as alignment with the fenders is concerned.

Thanks, that's good to know. I'm planning to stick with the oem tires for now but use 19x8 wheels with +35 offset. According to willtheyfit.com, that set up should match yours pretty closely as far as far as alignment with the fenders is concerned.
Problably. My 19x10+35 are 1½ inch out of the fenders. With an 8 inch large wheel it should be very flush or just a tiny bit inside. It will be 10 times better than the stock look.

can we get a side pic to see how flush they sit. I’ve been looking to run a 19/20 x9.5 35offset. Want to see how far/wide I can push out before it pokes out. I’m lowered on corksport springs with a bit of camber so it might help

can we get a side pic to see how flush they sit. I’ve been looking to run a 19/20 x9.5 35offset. Want to see how far/wide I can push out before it pokes out. I’m lowered on corksport springs with a bit of camber so it might help
1636076032946.jpeg
This is a pic of a front wheel I test fitted for flushness a while back to determine whether on not I should purchase a set. The spec was 20x9 et 35 and you can see the wheel pokes a few millimeters. Since I want to run 255 tires, that’s too much protrusion for me. A 235 tire should give a more flush look. I’d think a 9.5” et 35 wheel would stick out about a quarter of an inch further. Hope this helps.

DAI OEM 17x7 - 45 offset with Micheline X-Ice Snow 225/65/R17. Wanted RIMs that had good reviews, relatively cheap and not too flashy for Winter.
CX5WinterRims.jpg

Last edited:
20211130_124923.jpg

19x8 Borbet Type W GBLK MACH

Not super cool but look much better vs original with the white body and are direct replacement (used stock tires)

Last edited:
Back