Show me your CX-5 wheels

65c2e4b592cd1e354c0ba5a576ccce91.jpg

255/45/20 8.5 Mic PSS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has probably already been hit on somewhere in this thread but I couldn't find it. I'm trying to replace my stock 17s on my 2016 touring with 19s. Going with 19 x 8.5. I know the GT comes with 19x7 and 225/55.
What size tire should I go with for the right fit on the 8.5 inch wide rim? Thinking about 235/50/19. Want the tire to be wide enough to protect the rim somewhat. Any guidance would be appreciated.

What size tire should I go with for the right fit on the 8.5 inch wide rim? Thinking about 235/50/19. Want the tire to be wide enough to protect the rim somewhat. Any guidance would be appreciated.

235/50R19 would be smaller than your stock tire, and not provide as much protection for your wheels. Unless you're playing with suspension modifications (or even if you are playing with suspension modifications) the best choice is a 255/50R19.

Like the look. I love the aftermarket wheels that have a look like they could of come from the factory, other than some that may look good but you know damn well it's aftermarket. Great choice imo.

@Font Motorsports, what is actually the weight of a TSW Sochi 20 x 8.5 ET 40 ? Because they`re RF Rotary Forged...............
At the original website of TSW they have forgotten to mentioned the weight in their program.....Thanks ! (whistle)

Last edited:
Unfortunately some wheel manufactures "forget" to list their wheel weights. :) I've contacted my TSW distributor to find out the weight. Let you know when i do.

@Font Motorsports, what is actually the weight of a TSW Sochi 20 x 8.5 ET 40 ? Because they`re RF Rotary Forged...............
At the original website of TSW they have forgotten to mentioned the weight in their program.....Thanks ! (whistle)

Not too bad for 20 inch wheels I think.

TSW Sochi 20x8.5, 5x114.3, et40 - 26 lbs

What are the specs (rim width an offset) on the 19" Nurburgrings and tire setup. That looks like a good fit. I'd like to go similar in size. The tire size looks like it fills the wheel well a little more.

What are the specs (rim width an offset) on the 19" Nurburgrings and tire setup. That looks like a good fit. I'd like to go similar in size. The tire size looks like it fills the wheel well a little more.

That is my tire+wheel set up. The wheel is 19x8", offset I believe is 35; it may be 40, Rodrigo from Font has to chime in on that. Tires are stock size, 225 55 19 Nitto NT412Q's.

So far I love them. The weight difference with this tire+wheel combo is very noticeable when accelerating from a stop and when braking. It feels very light on its feet.

If you go to the TSW website and look up this wheel, you can get it in many different sizes AND widths, such as 19x8.5, 19x9, 19x9.5...

Last edited:
Here are my XXR 553 Chromium 20"x9.25xET36. Car sits on Corksport springs(3-1/4" drop). Tires are 225/45R20.
There is a slight stretch on the tires, just enough to don't stick out from the car.
Wheels were purchased locally, from nlmotoring in Chatsworth. Nice guys.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20151105_082531.jpg
    20151105_082531.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 6,016
Last edited:
Back