Show me your CX-5 wheels

A few quick ones after I put a set of tsw gatsby's on. I'll clean it up tomorrow and post some specs and a few more pics.

--

Coming Soon:

- CX-5 (2016) ~ Sonic Silver Metallic
- TSW Bathurst (Gloss Gunmetal)
- 20"x8.5" ~ ET40
- 255/45/20 (best set up ever )
- Muteki SR35 black lug nuts

Stay Tuned (nailbyt)

--

Coming Soon:

- 20"x8.5" ~ ET40

Stay Tuned (nailbyt)

I wanted some bathursts for a while but decided against dropping $1500 on new wheels lol. I may just get mine refurbished

Sounds good but your going to want to lower it I bet :)

I wanted some bathursts for a while but decided against dropping $1500 on new wheels lol. I may just get mine refurbished

Sounds good but your going to want to lower it I bet :)

I'm a little scared because I have not seen any CX-5 with Bathurst and you have much reason I want to lower it... (nailbyt)

Helder M2, I see you posted "255/45/20 (Best set up ever)". Just curious to why your so sure or why your so confident. I had both the 245/45/20 and the 255/45/20's on my 2016. The poke on the front on the 245's is almost perfect putting a 4ft level on the 1st third, middle and back 3rd of the tire to the outer wheel well. The extra width of the 255 with a 40 backspacing gets the tire outside of the wheel well doing the same test. Fyi I have the 255's because I wanted the little extra sidewall and imo makes the ride a little better and takes up a little bit extra gap in the well. The rears sit really nice with the factory molded flaps but I will be looking for a little bit more flap for the front because they won't cut it with the 255's. If it wouldn't be for rotational purposes I think my "best set up ever" would be 255/45/20 with a 45 offset in the front and 255/45/20 with a offset of 40 in the back.

Why don't you just buy the 45 offset for all four and add a 5mm spacer for the rear. What width rims are the 20s (you probably already put it in previous posts, sorry)?

New wheels !!

Finally pulled the trigger on new wheels.....Enkei M52 18 x 8 with Goodyear assurance 225/60 tires

Attachments

• IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 654
  • IMG_0425-3.JPG
    IMG_0425-3.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 987
TSW Gatsby gunmetal with machine face 20x8.5 et 40, wrapped with Continental Extreme Contact DWS 255/45/20. Muteki closed end lugs in black. The package was purchased from Font Motorsport. I was impressed with the communication and professional manner from Rodrigo which made for a excellent transaction.

I have to say this thread had a lot to do with me purchasing a cx-5 because imo it really comes to life with a set of aftermarket wheels. Love what a lot of guys did. Although I love a lot of the full black wheel treatments, I wanted a little chrome/machined look along with a gunmetal or black. All personal preference ik. The pictures really don't do justice imo because when they are not rolling you get the bling with the machined fact but when they are rolling it's almost a total gunmetal look. I think the Muteki back lugs help in that area. The gunmetal is fairly dark (again pics don't show it that well) and I'm happy about that. I like the fact you get a lot of different looks from this wheel depending on the angle of view.

Since I have the touring my stock rims were the 17"s with the geolanders. I did do a weigh in with a digital bathroom scale and the new set up came in at 2lbs more a corner. I was kind of figuring on this because the Gatsby was meant to be a SUV/truck wheel with a fairly high load rating. I know I got a solid wheel with the high load rating and fell in love with the looks. IMO it could of been a wheel that could of came stock on the cx-5 for the peps not in the know.

Nothing shows. Copied the address on the missing picture icon and it leads to a google mail link. Try using an image hosting service such as www.imgur.com (free, no accnt needed)

Helder M2, I see you posted "255/45/20 (Best set up ever)". Just curious to why your so sure or why your so confident. I had both the 245/45/20 and the 255/45/20's on my 2016. The poke on the front on the 245's is almost perfect putting a 4ft level on the 1st third, middle and back 3rd of the tire to the outer wheel well. The extra width of the 255 with a 40 backspacing gets the tire outside of the wheel well doing the same test. Fyi I have the 255's because I wanted the little extra sidewall and imo makes the ride a little better and takes up a little bit extra gap in the well. The rears sit really nice with the factory molded flaps but I will be looking for a little bit more flap for the front because they won't cut it with the 255's. If it wouldn't be for rotational purposes I think my "best set up ever" would be 255/45/20 with a 45 offset in the front and 255/45/20 with a offset of 40 in the back.

All my cars have come down with sport springs and eventually become uncomfortable, in this case chose this type of tires to not lower,
have better appearance and more comfort since in my country the streets are not good

Regards =)

- 20"x8.5" ~ ET40

Soon I'll upload better pictures with the Mazda 2

Picking up a set of OEM 2014 Mazda 6 19" wheels this weekend, only $300 for the set. I originally wanted a second set to put winter tires on (we moved to West Virginia and will definitely need winter tires this year), but I might swap these out with my OEM Yokohama tires and use my existing 17"s for the winters. They look sharp and very similar to the CX-5's GT 19" wheels, IMHO :)

16av2f4.jpg

Last edited:
Picking up a set of OEM 2014 Mazda 6 19" wheels this weekend, only $300 for the set. I originally wanted a second set to put winter tires on (we moved to West Virginia and will definitely need winter tires this year), but I might swap these out with my OEM Yokohama tires and use my existing 17"s for the winters. They look sharp and very similar to the CX-5's GT 19" wheels, IMHO :)
Nice buy and a great price! (Anything wrong w/them?) IMHO they are better looking than the CX-5 19's; particularly the gun metal version!

Back