Show me your CX-5 wheels

To my eye, every 20 I've seen here looks disproportionately large on the CX-5. I can see why Mazda went with the 19" as the upgrade.

Hello everybody and happy New Year!
First time here.
Its been great reading thru the pages of this forum it has helped me a lot in my decision on what to get.
Im about to pull the trigger on a CX-5 GT White, and I already have my eyes on a set on wheels and tire combo
Following close the stance of Nikoman and TampaMS3 CX-5s Im planning on using:

Avand garde wheels
M310 20x9x30offset Hyper Silver
Pirelli PZero Nero 265/40r20

Any thoughts appreciated
Hopefully by the end on January ill have my CX-5 and ill post pictures.
Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
1472032_10200930415206859_1920581683_n.jpg

So I decided to try it, Gun Metal Plasti-Dip (Home Depot $8 p/can) picked up a bunch, just used about 3 cans only. Came out okay, not as dark as I expected, but hey I can just peel it off when I get tired.

It doesn't look bad at all. Planning to try plastidip (since it's easy to apply and remove) on my rims as well but I'm aiming for a flat black look.

@CXpty, what is the offset of the wheel and the measure of the tyres ? Looks good !!

@Fishsauce, the wheels are extremely beautiful , I don`t think these are forged wheels.....so the weight must be very high. The TSW Panorama (see my avatar) is a forged wheel and has a weight of 23 Lbs !!!! This is the utmost for the CX-5 for better steering-handle and so these Panorama`s are the ones I have chosen on my new (crystal white pearl) CX-5. When the CX-5 (probably mrt or apr. 2014) comes , I`ll hope to put some photo`s her on the forum.......(wiggle)

When I will be replacing my wheels, one of the most important factor will be the weight of the wheel/tire combination. I don't want them to be more then the 17" from the factory, even if they will cost more. I may even go used, for some forged ones.

low pressure cast usually weigh the same for one inch bigger. For example, my 20s are just over 30 lbs which is basically the same at the stock 19s. Low pressure cast cost significantly less than forged when I was looking for wheels a couple months ago.

Good Year Nordic Winter Tires
Touren TR3 wheel in Black w/ Machined Face
I dropped the wheel size to 17s from 19s. 225/65/17

2013-12-19 12.50.23.jpg
2013-12-30 13.40.14.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Got my TSW Mallory put on couple weeks back. Love them. They're 20x8.5 with +40. They're wrapped in Nitto Motivo rubber, 245/45/20. The Nittos have tad bit more road noise, but offer good handling.

Now I just gotta get it lowered and tinted.

@Fishsauce : I become the same set-up for my car.....only the rotary-forged TSW Panorama !.........What I really wanted to ask is, how is the steering-handle and the road experience with these 45" high tyres ??

Hello,
Finally got my wheels 60lbs each ready to install.
Now i have to wait till end of January or Feb for the cx-5 to arrive
Heres a pic
Ag wheels M310 20x9x30 pirelli pzero nero as 265/40r20
Hope you liked it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 909
Hello Everyone, I am new here, just bought my 2014 CX-5 Touring and had 22" TSW Donington rims added to desoccermomify my car.
Mazda.jpeg

I love the TSW`s ! (wiggle) especially the Panorama RF ! I wonder how`s the steering-handle and road experience on the road with the 22" ? The side-walls of the tyres are really a little smaller than the ones I use (245/45/20) By the way, do you know the weight of the Donningtons (Lbs) ?

Last edited:
Back