Show me your CX-5 wheels

Just installed these simple black alloys.

The old Mazda center caps didn't fit. Anyone have a solution for that? Or where can I purchase properly fitting ones? The wheels came with silver caps, which I guess I could paint.

1PmksN3.jpg

Big fan of the black wheels on the white

They are a +32 20x9 wheel. I'm going in for a fit test later today.

Need clarification on offset. Does this mean that the wheel is (50mm, stock offset) + 32mm (72mm)?? I have people asking me about my offset but I'm not sure what the offset value of my wheel is and want to figure it out.

Need clarification on offset. Does this mean that the wheel is (50mm, stock offset) + 32mm (72mm)?? I have people asking me about my offset but I'm not sure what the offset value of my wheel is and want to figure it out.

No, you don't add anything together, each wheel has their own specific offset. The + simply means it is positive and a - simply means negative.

A "0" offset means it is the center of the wheel. The width of the wheel affects your offset because the center of a 7" wide wheel is different than the center line of a 10" wide wheel. Regardless of width, "0" offset is the center of the wheel.

If you have + offset, it means the hub is mounted anywhere > "0" offset which moves the hub towards the outside face of the wheel.

If you have - offset it means the hub is mounted anywhere < "0" offset which moves the hub towards the inside face of the wheel.

If you remove your wheel, it should indicate what offset your wheels are (sticker, or machined behind the hub).

No, you don't add anything together, each wheel has their own specific offset. The + simply means it is positive and a - simply means negative.

A "0" offset means it is the center of the wheel. The width of the wheel affects your offset because the center of a 7" wide wheel is different than the center line of a 10" wide wheel. Regardless of width, "0" offset is the center of the wheel.

If you have + offset, it means the hub is mounted anywhere > "0" offset which moves the hub towards the outside face of the wheel.
If you have - offset it means the hub is mounted anywhere < "0" offset which moves the hub towards the inside face of the wheel.

If you remove your wheel, it should indicate what offset your wheels are (sticker, or machined behind the hub).

I see thanks

With all the discussion of wheel/tire size and cost that's gone on here, I thought there might be some interest in this sub-four minute discussion of the topic in terms of design and other aspects of wheel size by automotive gadfly Jim Hall of Automotive Analytics and frequent guest commentator on Autoline Detroit, an internet show. For anyone who has ever wondered why 19" tires for the CX-5 are so much more expensive than 17s-here's the answer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKrCreHbsHM

I just LOVE how the gold wheels look on white cars so can anyone photoshop some mesh 20s with polished lip in gold and another in black?
The wheels I like are the TSW Tremblant but any mesh design would do the trick. I checked the previous 29 pages but did not find any like this. Thanks

http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_tremblant.php

I was thinking about throwing some HFP 20" wheels on my Silver CX5. Any thoughts? or has anyone done this yet?
The H on the center caps wouldn't be installed since it just sticks on the cap.
$T2eC16RHJHEFFlsjgc2hBRnk-zZ5nQ~~60_57.JPG

20" Rohana RC26 matte black wheels w/ Nitto Motivo 255/45 tires (+32 offset)

IMG_20131106_163953.jpg

Last edited:
Winterset

Today i mounted my wintertyre's and rims.
Its a used set,found them on a Dutch auctionsite, a bargain !!
The rims are german manufactured Dezent RE 8J x 18" offset 45 MM.
Tires are Hankook Winter I-Cept Evo 225 60 18 profile is still more than 8 MM's !

I was quite a time looking for a winterset with black rims.
Just like the summerwheels that are black / antracite Borbet LV5 rims. ( Take a look at black rims at my other pictures ! )
I cleaned the rims,they are a summer and winter old now.
The BORBET rims are still in top condition !!

Even better then the Dezent rims, where you can find some imperfections in the casting process.
There are some little spots at the back of the spokes.

Greatings Karl

Niko, looks nice! good you went for the 255/45-20s.

Can you shoot a snake-eyes view to see the full stance on the vehicle?

Cheers,

BoneKrusher

No rubbing, about to get it lowered, i'll see after lowering (springs with the post atm). I havent really noticed a change in mpg, but i average 21 mpg. I drive very aggressively. I'd reccomend the wheels, they are nice and you can get a spoke matching center caps. You could get away with 22's but if you plan to lower I wouldnt.

Have you had any problems with these? The sites I'm looking at say these won't fit. Can you confirm this is what you have on your CX-5?

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Discount_Tires.cfm?pn=Lexani-Rims-LSS-55-20-8BH.s&pID=47401

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Have you had any problems with these? The sites I'm looking at say these won't fit. Can you confirm this is what you have on your CX-5?

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Discount_Tires.cfm?pn=Lexani-Rims-LSS-55-20-8BH.s&pID=47401

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Yes. They reason it says it doesn't fit it because the bore size on the wheel is slightly larger. All you have to do is get a spiggot ring (some times called a spacer, which usually brings up a different item) to fill in the space, so the wheels rest on the hub instead of the studs (they will fit without it). Double check the bore on those rims, it should be 73mm (I am using 66.6 mm x 73mm spacers, technically I should be using 67.1mm but one of my 67.1's got lost at a tire shop so they gave me 66.6's and they fit).
Try these (no need to drop $40 on these) 67.1mm is the CX-5 bore, 73mm is the wheel; DOUBLE CHECK THE WHEEL BORE BEFOREHAND. Larger isn't really an issue but smaller can be. If your wheel bore is different, then get the appropriate adapter. Those are the same tires, that's actually what I paid local mounted. If you want a slightly lower/more rim look, get a <45 wheel. In my set up, my car sits higher than it would on the stock wheels, but because it's lowered the fender gap is still smaller. Handling is still better. Fair warning, especially if you have 2.0 heavier wheel will lower your mpg if you drive at higher speeds (70+). Cheers.

Last edited:
Yes. They reason it says it doesn't fit it because the bore size on the wheel is slightly larger. All you have to do is get a spiggot ring (some times called a spacer, which usually brings up a different item) to fill in the space, so the wheels rest on the hub instead of the studs (they will fit without it). Double check the bore on those rims, it should be 73mm (I am using 66.6 mm x 73mm spacers, technically I should be using 67.1mm but one of my 67.1's got lost at a tire shop so they gave me 66.6's and they fit).
Try these (no need to drop $40 on these) 67.1mm is the CX-5 bore, 73mm is the wheel; DOUBLE CHECK THE WHEEL BORE BEFOREHAND. Larger isn't really an issue but smaller can be. If your wheel bore is different, then get the appropriate adapter. Those are the same tires, that's actually what I paid local mounted. If you want a slightly lower/more rim look, get a <45 wheel. In my set up, my car sits higher than it would on the stock wheels, but because it's lowered the fender gap is still smaller. Handling is still better. Fair warning, especially if you have 2.0 heavier wheel will lower your mpg if you drive at higher speeds (70+). Cheers.

Cool. Thanks. I'm worried about going <45 on the tire because it won't provide the comfort. Did you have stock 17's or 19's? I have 17's so this will certainly sit higher. Will it be too high? Should I be concerned about the speedometer/odometer differences?

Back