Should I replace these engine mounts?

Hi, mine is a 2013 CX-9. "Sometimes" the car will give a thump noise when shifting gear into D but not always. It usually happens when car is parked on a slope. I talked to the dealership and the guys told me not to worry about it because something about how the engine and transmission is connected and stuff. However, I went to a garage and the guys there said it's the engine mount. What do you guys think? and in order to buy the right parts, where should I look for it in terms of specifications? Autozone have two engine mounts that look the same but with different diameters/dimensions. How can I figure which one is correct?

Are you buying the part for the shop or for DIY? If the shop is doing the work I'd let them order the part and stay out of the loop. If it's a DIY situation I find that rockauto is more accurate than most other sites.

the shop can't order the parts from the dealership because it's out of stock. I thought I will buy them online and have them do the work.

It's a bit of a surprise that the shop cannot source the part from whomever they use. If they want you to supply the parts I would still suggest rockauto to get the mount(s).

+1 for Rockauto. Prices are reasonable and the parts are quality, shipping is quick and occasionally they throw include 10% off coupons if you sign up for their mailing list.

Latest posts

Back