Should I buy a 1994 MX-3?

creaser

:
2012 Mazda2
Hi, I have a chance to buy a 1994 Mx-3 GS automatic with around 73,000 miles. There is barely any rust and it was owned by a woman whose son in law is selling it for her. It is in really great shape and in bone stock condition. It was garage kept by it’s single owner. I am worried that it might be hard to find parts for it these days. Or that it is too rare of a car to buy, given its age? Do you guys have any advice on wether or not I should get it. Any concerns that I should have about the little V6 engine? The price is very good and it doesnt need anything to get on the road. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey!

I actually ended up buying the car! In Burlington right? I was driving around the area and saw the seller in his driveway so I ran out and asked if it was still for sale. Turns out it was a 95, not 94.

It actually did need some work to get back on the road. The rear calipers were seized and the rotors were warped as well because of it. The brake flex lines were also in need of replacement.

The parts were around $300 for everything and I did not go to a shop to do it so that was the final cost. Mazda quoted me ~$1000 to fix it so I walked away from them lol. Needs engine and tranny mounts too, I'm going to get that done in April.

But its an auto...

Yeah unfortunately. I'm not sure how hard a manual swap would be.

Anyway, I don't mind too much, I paid $1500 and it was well, well kept. Has every service history from 1995 onwards and practically rust free :)

o0WkMga.jpg

Paid 1500 for this...128k manual.
Loving it, v6
6f8598590d8236670fdaa314d1c86d8c.jpg

clean car. needs a different paint colour, some new rims, tinted windows and this would be one sweet looking ride.

I have to admit that 1500 is a little ridiculous for a 1994 car, but the mileage is reasonable.

clean car. needs a different paint colour, some new rims, tinted windows and this would be one sweet looking ride.

I have to admit that 1500 is a little ridiculous for a 1994 car, but the mileage is reasonable.
Gonna paint it a darker green next year. Rims stay, but tinting is on the horizon. Mines a 92. Everything works, alarm, new tires, new clutch. I think I got a deal considering everything that was done. Previous owner had everything done.

Last edited:

Needs either the clear coat fixed or all new paint job....I'ma do the paint job. Thinking of putting in a short throw shifter. Got any particular you would recommend?

Back