Sheared bottom two studs on Throttle Body

Nascop5

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
As the title says I Sheared the bottom two studs on Throttle Body, and as a result, the car isn't operating at it's highest capacity. There is a tiny vacuum leak which really is not benefiting me. It's causing the car to sometimes even misfire. How can I fix it? Is the stud replaceable? Should I just get a new intake manifold? should I just drill steelstik it shut?

The proper fix would be to remove the throttle body and weld a nut on the broken studs, or try your luck with a vice grips or stud extractor.

You might get be able to smear some RTV over the leaking area though, as a temporary fix.

yeah if you can get a torch in there to heat it up a little bit as well. also a little pipe wrench from harbor freight is nice to have. i have worked some wonders with little pipe wrenches!!!!

I thought that part of the throttle body was directly integrated into the intake manifold? How would I remove it? Could I just drill through it, remove the stud and just get a similar size screw and get a nut on the other side of it so it's like the top two screws?

Maybe. But if youncan get the stud out without drilling. You can just buy a bolt and screw it in like the top 2

I had made the assumption that the studs screw into the intake.

Drilling would be a last resort. It's difficult to drill a bolt that's surrounded by softer aluminum.

Back