Service Bulletin FIX USB playback and SMS Bluetooth!!! NB1/TOMTOM ONLY ('12-15')

Not here I didn't

So you have to schedule an appointment, bring in your car and mobile phone, and demonstrate that you have all the issues before they will order the parts? Nice.

I got Mazda USA involved...They called my dealer while I was on the phone with them. The dealer only had to demonstrate the usb repeating on the 1st track after the auto was turned off and they ordered the replacement module!
At the time the dealer was completely unaware of the TSB...

It did take me 2 trips but the 2nd one was about 15 minutes to change out the module

I had an oil change yesterday, mentioned that there was a TSB for the USB playback, gave them the TSB number, lo and behold, picked up the car one hour later, and the TSB had been done!! I thought it was a hardware change, but it was just a software
change.
Don

Make sure you really test it out because this is exactly what happened to me when I book an appointment for the TSB, they just flashed the software but you need a new BT module. I got a new BT module and I know that because I marked the old one and the software version is 7.0.

They gave up on my SMS/eMail text to speech issue, basically said, sorry about your luck. Buy a different phone.

Where does somebody find that number?

For the U.S. the number is 1-800-430-0153. It's in your owner's manual and also in post #7 of this thread.

I called, explained the issue & said I heard there was a fix. The gave me a reference number which I gave to my local dealer when I made the appointment. Only one trip to the dealer required.

Last edited:
For the U.S. the number is 1-800-430-0153. It's in your owner's manual and also in post #7 of this thread.

I called, explained the issue & said I heard there was a fix. The gave me reference number which I gave to my my local dealer when I made the appointment. Only one trip to the dealer required.

+1 I called and gave the the TSB and got a reference number with no hassle. I then call my dealer and gave them the number and they told me they would have the part within 2 days so I made the appointment and all is well.

Make sure you really test it out because this is exactly what happened to me when I book an appointment for the TSB, they just flashed the software but you need a new BT module. I got a new BT module and I know that because I marked the old one and the software version is 7.0.
tdman, when I checked my software version it is 7.0, does that mean I have the new BT board?
Don

the easiet way to get the part, if they want you to demonstrate an issue is to put some music on a USB stick and show that it does not resume. Since that's listed in the TSB, you've satisfied it. It's as simple as turning the car off (locking it) then turning it on and the USB playback is on track 1 0:00

Probably not, since you're Canadian and you guys have different software versions. 7.0 is the US version update.

Where did you hear that Canada has a separate software version? I received the upgrade last week and the software went from 6.x to 7.0 in Vancouver.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Where did you hear that Canada has a separate software version? I received the upgrade last week and the software went from 6.x to 7.0 in Vancouver.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I was referring to this post made earlier in the thread,

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...Bluetooth!!!&p=6380174&viewfull=1#post6380174

Looks like I was confused - the problem is, he has a 2013 which apparently uses a different module - just a coincidence that he is Canadian.

My bad!

Test it out with a USB stick with music...if you play from the middle of a playlist, shut the car off, turn it back on, and if it starts where it left off then you got the new one. If the playlist starts at song 1, then you do not.

You'll need to shut the car off for at least a minute, then turn it back on again. The 'bad' BT/USB module does actually resume last song playing if the shut off is very brief.

My old BT module has 6. xxx I didn't remember but after the replacement it went to ver 7.0. Maybe yours is fixed but do like others suggested, let music play from USB stick, shut car off, if your USB stick has an LED make sure it's off then restart car, if music resume where it left off, it's fixed, if it restart from track 01, it's not. But I assume you should already know this by now since you got the service at least a week now.

Last edited:
tdman-Actually don't usually use my ipod touch!! I do have a usb stick that I don't usually use either-LOL but that comes from being retired for 25 years, and this technology stuff??
Working for Bell for 32 years, the last 3 in Ottawa helps a bit.
I am just surprised that my dealer on Vanc. Island would have had a BT card in stock, so wondered if they just did a software update, or if they had to change the card to get to
the 7.0.
Don

tdman-Actually don't usually use my ipod touch!! I do have a usb stick that I don't usually use either-LOL but that comes from being retired for 25 years, and this technology stuff??
Working for Bell for 32 years, the last 3 in Ottawa helps a bit.
I am just surprised that my dealer on Vanc. Island would have had a BT card in stock, so wondered if they just did a software update, or if they had to change the card to get to
the 7.0.
Don

They have to change the module, the software ver. 7.0 probably already come with the new module but the hardware change is a must. Maybe your dealer is pro-active or maybe they already had someone came in asking about the TSB so they figure they keep a few in stock just in case.

I found out how to download iTunes to my usb stick (Google LOL) works great. So you cannot load the 7.0 software to the old BT module??
Thanks tdman
Don

Talked to a nice lady at the Mazda support line today. She told me that an iPhone 6 will only download SMS text messages to the Nav system via Bluetooth for phones from specific cellular providers. Apparently T-Mobile is not one of the supported carriers. Seems strange to me but she was totally convinced about that.

Back