Service Bulletin FIX USB playback and SMS Bluetooth!!! NB1/TOMTOM ONLY ('12-15')

I took my CX-5 to the dealership this morning. I just got a call from them telling me that they could not find any issues with the unit. Now granted, I found out about this TSB and just went directly to the shop instead of calling the number, so I know that's my first problem. However, the dealership stated that they couldn't find the TSB in their system at all. He also suggested that the "system is just resetting when the car is started," which "explains" why the iPod starts at the first track every time. He says that he has some documentation on calling a hotline and I expect that the number I get will be the same I see in this thread.

Really wish I saw this thread first before heading into the shop.

Can anyone confirm that a 2013 model will now be able to receive texts via an iPhone? Mine never did and I wasn't aware that it could (never could on my previous S3 Android either)

The 'fix' of starting back up where it left off would be great (sometimes mine does, but mostly it reverts to some random track on my iPhone). I'll look into it, but my dealer is a bit of a pain sometimes on these kinds of issues...

Got confirmation that the module is now in at my dealer and I have my 24 month scheduled maintenance on Monday the 23rd so will be getting the swap done then. I will report back about a Iphone 5s and the SMS message functionality as that has never worked for me before. Expect an update later in the day on the 23rd MST time.

Last edited:
I have my '14 GT booked in for 8am Saturday to switch out my winter tires and an oil change. Called the dealer here today and asked (again) about this fix. I emailed him the TSB that was posted above and he said he would call Hands Free at Mazda Canada to inquire. He called me back to say that the modules are still in testing and will be shipped within a few weeks. He also said that people would be notified by Mazda Canada....and that he couldn't even order the part for me until Mazda Canada confirms they are ready and people have been notified. I told him that other folks from Canada (Brampton and Montreal per above) had their parts ordered so why not me?? He didn't have an answer for that but agreed this is a bulls*** more by Mazda Canada. So, I will call him again in a week or two and ask again. Was really hoping to have this fixed on Saturday but it appears I will have to wait longer.

Bon

BON SCOTT call Mazda bluetooth handsfree support and they gone give you a work order number and then call back the dealer with the work order

Last edited:
Bon Scott

I just got a call from my dealer that the replacement module will be in by Monday next week and the service advisor will call me to book an appointment for replacing it. The dealership I dealt with is 401 Dixie Maxda; and yes call the Mazda Bluetooth handsfree support number and then call the dealership. If your dealership doesn't know what they are looking for then approach a different one. This is a TSB that any dealership should be able to look after for you.

I would be really interested to hear whether or not this fix repairs the problems.

Anyone who gets this done, please keep us updated with the results

Thanks
Robin

Maybe a dumb question, but is this supposed to take a couple of days? The dealership that I'm going to said it's going to take three days to replace the module and they're giving me a loaner car... I thought it'd just be a swap that would take at most a few hours, if not a day. Three days seems a little excessive / lazy, but eh, at least they're getting it done...?

Maybe a dumb question, but is this supposed to take a couple of days? The dealership that I'm going to said it's going to take three days to replace the module and they're giving me a loaner car... I thought it'd just be a swap that would take at most a few hours, if not a day. Three days seems a little excessive / lazy, but eh, at least they're getting it done...?

report your dealership to mazda. The TSB even states 0.2hrs to replace the module and thats an overstatement. Its remove the glovebox, unscrew the module, replace it, rescrew it in and put glovebox back in...

report your dealership to mazda. The TSB even states 0.2hrs to replace the module and thats an overstatement. Its remove the glovebox, unscrew the module, replace it, rescrew it in and put glovebox back in...

That's what I thought... I'll call them.

Ok, so I took my car to dealership and asked about the TSB. they said they ordered the part and will be here in few days. then the tech told me it wont fix the usb resume issue. he told that's how it is designed. thanks to this wonderful forum, when i checked the report form, found that they ordered the wrong module from last year for screen graying out. i told them the new TSB and even the part number and showed it on our forum. the tech wanted to be an a*****e and said he couldnt find that one for my cars VIN.

long story short, I called mazda hands free, they knew the issue and they took dealership phone number from me. 15 minutes later, dealership calls back saying that they ordered the actual part for TSB 09-008/15. it wasnt a fun visit, but at least I am getting the TSB done.

PS: Dealership kindly reminded me about a survey to follow and requested to leave a very positive feedback(bs)

I called both the Mazda support line & the dealership I'm supposed to go to. The support line said that "they weren't exactly sure, but they know it's under an hour." I called the dealership with this information, and the woman on the phone said that "because I scheduled a later time there won't be enough techs around, so it might be delayed for another day or two, which is why you have a loaner. We also want to make sure that you're having the issue first instead of ordering a part and not having to use it."

:|

After reading recent postings on this thread, I called my Mazda dealer (Dallas, TX) with the TSB #. They ordered the part and it has just arrived today (took 2 days). I will have it installed Monday morning and will update on if it corrects the USB resume problem.

Last edited:
Saw my 2015 CX-5 Touring isn't on the list, but I've connected multiple different usb drives to the USB port and it's never picked up from last song and always defaults to the first song on the drive. Anyone know if this replacement would cover that or am I just boned?

Sidenote- about 20% of the time, my bluetooth/usb doesn't light up on the touchscreen display and I have to turn the car off then back on to get it to work. Would venture to say that something's wrong with the bluetooth itself, but not sure.

Left a message with my dealers service department with a quick line of "SMS messages do not download via Bluetooth, found this TSB..." they called back saying that they've ordered the part and we will swap out as soon as it's in. They also mentioned since the module is coming from United Radio and not Mazda it needs to be used within a certain number of days before it has to go back to the company. Probably just a sure-fire way to get me in and swap it out.

Does anyone know exactly where this module is located, in the glovebox? I want to check it out beforehand so I can be sure they swap it.

Left a message with my dealers service department with a quick line of "SMS messages do not download via Bluetooth, found this TSB..." they called back saying that they've ordered the part and we will swap out as soon as it's in. They also mentioned since the module is coming from United Radio and not Mazda it needs to be used within a certain number of days before it has to go back to the company. Probably just a sure-fire way to get me in and swap it out.

Does anyone know exactly where this module is located, in the glovebox? I want to check it out beforehand so I can be sure they swap it.

yes take out glovebox and look up,I'm doing the same thing by marking mine with a sharpie so I can tell if it was swapped.

checkout post #4 from the link to see the steps to find it:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...on-FYI-GPS-Connector-Additional-Step-Required

Back