Service Bulletin FIX USB playback and SMS Bluetooth!!! NB1/TOMTOM ONLY ('12-15')

Here's a pic of my module. Perhaps the Canadian models are numbered differently
16170fa14ce4405a2edfe345c482311d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my module replaced today under warranty.

I only noticed that a fix was available about 2 weeks ago, 2 days after I took the car for an oil-change :-( The dealership did not know to alert me to the fact this is available despite that I've complained about this few times.
So, I called them up and read them the TSB # over the phone. I then asked if they need to order parts. The rep then suggested that she'll order the part and call me when it arrives. I was happy that I could save an unnecessary trip.

Today I got the module installed. For some reason, they checked air pressure and tires too as well as vacuumed a little.
Finally, USB playback resumes after shutdown! However, if I turn off the engine while USB was playing, it might switch to Pandora or Bluetooth when I turn the car back on later, maybe because it remembered that they were playing too. Startup does not seem much faster (though I was not complaining about speed before). Bluetooth connects as fast as before, as far as I can tell. It does not remember shuffle mode.
On startup, it will resume playback on the last song which was playing but display 1/1. Only later will it change to show the song's position and total songs available.

For me, it is a significant improvement over the previous behavior. I'd probably stop listening to Bluetooth, and listen to Pandora or USB for music (in the mornings, I listen to AM news radio).

I had my module replaced today under warranty.

I only noticed that a fix was available about 2 weeks ago, 2 days after I took the car for an oil-change :-( The dealership did not know to alert me to the fact this is available despite that I've complained about this few times.
So, I called them up and read them the TSB # over the phone. I then asked if they need to order parts. The rep then suggested that she'll order the part and call me when it arrives. I was happy that I could save an unnecessary trip.

Today I got the module installed. For some reason, they checked air pressure and tires too as well as vacuumed a little.
Finally, USB playback resumes after shutdown! However, if I turn off the engine while USB was playing, it might switch to Pandora or Bluetooth when I turn the car back on later, maybe because it remembered that they were playing too. Startup does not seem much faster (though I was not complaining about speed before). Bluetooth connects as fast as before, as far as I can tell. It does not remember shuffle mode.
On startup, it will resume playback on the last song which was playing but display 1/1. Only later will it change to show the song's position and total songs available.

For me, it is a significant improvement over the previous behavior. I'd probably stop listening to Bluetooth, and listen to Pandora or USB for music (in the mornings, I listen to AM news radio).

I had mine replaced 2 weeks ago in my Mazda6. The USB resumes on last song played, but the system doesn't remember that USB mode was playing. Upon startup, the FM radio starts playing instead of USB, even though USB was playing on previous shutdown. As soon as I select USB, the USB resumes on the song being played upon previous shutdown. Anyone else having this experience with the new module?

Mine definitely remembers that USB was playing, because that's the tab that shows up on top.
However, playback is blocked on waiting for the system to reconnect, perhaps also to Bluetooth. After Bluetooth connection is complete, the system seems to jump to a different tab, without playing anything from the USB. Then, if I press the USB tab, it will resume playback.

Before the module update, it did the same, except that when I pressed the USB tab soon enough after startup, it would show a spinny and I'll be waiting for it to read all music files so it could play it to me alphabetically ... retarded logic.

So now, I can't talk on the phone via bluetooth anymore. The phone rings and I can answer but I have lost the ability to talk via bluetooth. Very frustrating. This update gave one thing but took away another. ):

So now, I can't talk on the phone via bluetooth anymore. The phone rings and I can answer but I have lost the ability to talk via bluetooth. Very frustrating. This update gave one thing but took away another. ):

Delete and re-add your phone.

Did that with no avail. Backing up and restoring iPhone. The funny thing is that I never had a problem like this before.

I have to unpair both(phone and car), turn off both(car and phone), turn both back on, re-pair. Kind of a pain in the butt!!!

I have to unpair both(phone and car), turn off both(car and phone), turn both back on, re-pair. Kind of a pain in the butt!!!

I did not try that in that order but will later tonight. I have unpaired and removed the phone from the car and unpaired my phone. I parked the car and turned everything off. When I go back to the car, I will try re-pairing and seeing what that does.

I did not try that in that order but will later tonight. I have unpaired and removed the phone from the car and unpaired my phone. I parked the car and turned everything off. When I go back to the car, I will try re-pairing and seeing what that does.

Yeah, with mine, simply un-paring then re-pairing wasn't enough. Had to actually power both the car and the phone OFF before re-paring them.

I haven't checked my module yet, but my software shows as version 8.0 weird as everyone is talking very 7. I haven't had any work done on my car unless I have a really old module (my car is a 2013)
8e81b3d86059f87d52172600efca39e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the latest version?? 08.00.000?? Mine came up 07.00.000.

Is that the latest version?? 08.00.000?? Mine came up 07.00.000.

garyd9 said this about it----> "It's a different module, so likely has a different version number sequence. The 2013 BT module doesn't control the USB ports. The 2014/2015 module does."

Yeah, with mine, simply un-paring then re-pairing wasn't enough. Had to actually power both the car and the phone OFF before re-paring them.

Well, it turns out, the phone voice volume turned itself down to zero. Very odd and I have no clue how that was one. You can actually control the phone volume separately from everything else. Importantly, it is not controllable by the volume controller - only by going into a menu.

When it stops speaking texts and emails, it won't display them either. It just downloads the descriptions, so, I see I got a new message, it just won't speak it or display it. My Mazda dealer is having me bring it back in, once again, tomorrow, for more diagnostics. I really think they're clueless.

So I had the new module installed and while the audio picks up where it left off, it seems the Bluetooth connection is only marginally quicker, my phone book still needs to download everytime, and cycling through audio tracks on USB is messy at best. Anyone else having similar issues after updating the module?

Got the new module installed yesterday and the only thing I had to do was re-pair my wife's and my phones. It won't use the original pairing so after the new pairing I deleted the old on our iPhone 6's.

When it stops speaking texts and emails, it won't display them either. It just downloads the descriptions, so, I see I got a new message, it just won't speak it or display it. My Mazda dealer is having me bring it back in, once again, tomorrow, for more diagnostics. I really think they're clueless.

If I recall, you have an Android phone, right? While some report this update fixed their Android SMS issues, the bulletin states it only applies to iPhone issues, and we have to wait for another update for who knows how long. Let us know what they determine.

Well, I got my final answer from Montrose Mazda, technically my Android HTC One-M8 is a supported phone, but, my specfic model of the HTC One-M8 is not fully supported.

So, their final answer is to make sure I get a specific model that is supported next time I upgrade my phone.

Back