CX-5 Seat Memory Glitch

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
At least it seems to be. After retrieving my car from a car wash today the driver's seat had been moved so I pressed the memory #1 button...and nothing happened. So I slid the seat into my comfortable driving position and pressed the set button. holding it down. I heard the initial beep and continuing to hold it down heard the confirmation three beeps. Then to test it I moved the seat to a new position then pressed #1...nothing. I tried this several times both with the engine on and off in case that made any difference. No movement of the seat. My question is could the car wash cash guy have inadvertently turned something off preventing the seat position memory from working?

Thanks. Where do I find it?
If your manual is the same as the one they give us Yankees, the fuse is identified on page 6-64. It says it's 30 amp, in the left side fuse block, with a map showing the location in the block. I think I saw on a previous page a diagram showing where that fuse block is located along with directions on what to look for.

I've got a PDF version of the manual on my laptop, don't recall where I got it, but it's pretty handy if you can find that. A word search on "fuse" and a bunch of clicks got me to the fuse lists. It's been forever since I replaced a fuse in a car. I have no idea what they cost or if it is a warranty item.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your manual is the same as the one they give us Yankees, the fuse is identified on page 6-64. It says it's 30 amp, in the left side fuse block, with a map showing the location in the block. I think I saw on a previous page a diagram showing where that fuse block is located along with directions on what to look for.

I've got a PDF version of the manual on my laptop, don't recall where I got it, but it's pretty handy if you can find that. A word search on "fuse" and a bunch of clicks got me to the fuse lists. It's been forever since I replaced a fuse in a car. I have no idea what they cost or if it is a warranty item.
Great thank you very much.

Well it wasn't a seat memory glitch it was my memory glitch. Brought the car to Mazda for something else and they showed me I was not following the right sequence. Apologies for false alarm.

Well it wasn't a seat memory glitch it was my memory glitch. Brought the car to Mazda for something else and they showed me I was not following the right sequence. Apologies for false alarm.
I was gonna say that your process wasn't right. Just holding the set button down does not program the memory seat position. It's: set, then select either 1 or 2.
BTW, you can program your seat setting to the fob as well. That way when you unlock the door with the fob, the seat moves to the right place.
Two fobs, two settings. One for you and one for the wife.
My teenage grandson was baffled when I first got the car, and the drivers'seat moved to my position when I opened the door. Had him fooled.

Ok that sounds pretty slick. Where do I find instructions on how to do that?

I was gonna say that your process wasn't right. Just holding the set button down does not program the memory seat position. It's: set, then select either 1 or 2.
BTW, you can program your seat setting to the fob as well. That way when you unlock the door with the fob, the seat moves to the right place.
Two fobs, two settings. One for you and one for the wife.
My teenage grandson was baffled when I first got the car, and the drivers'seat moved to my position when I opened the door. Had him fooled.
Seems like reverse logic. Should be select the number you want then hit SET. Not the other way around. Maybe a Japanese thing.

Actually that’s the normal sequence for seat memory on nearly every car with seat memory which I have owned.

It wouldn’t really work the other way. Suppose you just made adjustments to the seat and wanted to save them. If you pressed the number first, the seat would move back to the previously programmed position and you’d be back where you started.

One of my cars required you to press and *hold* the “Set” button while pressing the number. It was very difficult to accidentally screw up, but my personal favorite approach is you just press and hold the memory button until it beeps to tell you your selection is saved. No “Set” button is necessary, so you can’t accidentally press it when you didn’t mean to.

Off topic - hate the location of the seat memory buttons, beeps all the time trying to access driver side fuse box. :confused:

Ok that sounds pretty slick. Where do I find instructions on how to do that?
Instructions on programming the FOB to the seat position is in the manual, somewhere.
It's really easy, but I forget the exact sequence.
My fob is programmed for my position, and my wife's fob is set for her.
I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'3", so it helps a lot that the seat moves when unlocking the door.

Actually that’s the normal sequence for seat memory on nearly every car with seat memory which I have owned.

It wouldn’t really work the other way. Suppose you just made adjustments to the seat and wanted to save them. If you pressed the number first, the seat would move back to the previously programmed position and you’d be back where you started.

One of my cars required you to press and *hold* the “Set” button while pressing the number. It was very difficult to accidentally screw up, but my personal favorite approach is you just press and hold the memory button until it beeps to tell you your selection is saved. No “Set” button is necessary, so you can’t accidentally press it when you didn’t mean to.
Agreed. I hit the “M” (Set) button after the seat adjustment then choose a number (1、2、3) to save memory seat setting on my 2000 BMW 528i. But the memory seat setting also includes outside rearview mirrors position、steering wheel position、and seatbelt height for each driver where Mazda’s system is lacking.

Back