Seat Back - Power Seat

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 GT
Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I've noticed, over a few days to weeks, that the seat back will have moved from the position I set it. At first I thought maybe I hit the switch when cleaning, but this has happened about three times. After a few weeks, I get in and notice the seat is leaning back further than where I normally have it set. I readjust and a few weeks later it has moved.

(boom05)(boom05)(boom05)Is my CX5 haunted!?!?!?!?(boom05)(boom05)(boom05)

Been reported several times before and no one has ever verified or found a cause for it. Use the search function.

My seat went almost flat the other day. Then I figured it out, I had something heavy in one of the pockets, and being a slightly longer winter jacket, it was pushing on the controls. I've learned to flip my jacket out of the way of the controls. It's unfortunate that there isn't a lock to ensure it won't move. (There's a mod idea: cut power to the motors to lock seat in position -- wonder if that would work?)

Not saying this is your issue, but it's a possible cause.

I've been wondering this myself. My seat seems to change positions on me as well. Every couple days I have to raise it back up as it feels it's too far back. There's no memory function for the seat on the car, so not sure why it would be changing by itself

I'm starting to wonder if I am hitting the switch when I step out of the car. It could be moving back little by little until I notice it.

Should be easy to rule out an electrical issue and/or accidentally hitting the seat controls. Assuming a single driver, set up the seat to your preference and pull the fuse to see if the position still changes over time. It's fuse #1 in the left footwell fuse block (the only 30 amp fuse).

Actually folks, this is a known issue at Mazda and they redesigned the switch to allegedly fix the issue. I know because they had a bulletin of some sort when I complained about it and they replaced mine. Problem is, it didn't fix the problem and I've notified the dealer and Mazda about it.

The switch is way too far out of the seat and it very easy to brush it when getting out of the car. The new switch is stiffer than the original to combat this. However if your a little shorter, like my wife, when you pull your over to get out, you hit it every time. It's very poor designing here. The switches should be inset much further in my opinion.

In any case, if you have the issue, go to your dealer and tell them there was a bulletin on the problem and let them replace it. If it fixes it for you than great! If it doesn't, report it again so they look further at the problem.

Back