RX-8 Interior Swap

altspace

Contributor
:
1990 RX-7 Turbo II
Some of the NEPOC/RX-8 crew had a mini meet last night for a full interior swap. Marc (Zelse) owns a black RX-8 with the tan/black leather interior. His plans are for aftermarket seats in the future. So he swapped for cloth seats which also means all door panels and steering wheel had to be removed.

Marc, James, Oleg and I met up with Scott (SmokeHonda) and his bro Tony (G35 owner). Was a long night of comedy to say the least. Who's to say you can't have good fun in cold weather? I'll let the others chime in on juicy details so for now you can ponder on the photos. Vids will be up soon.

meet1.jpg

meet2.jpg

meet3.jpg

meet4.jpg

meet5.jpg

meet6.jpg

meet7.jpg

guys1.jpg

guys2.jpg

guys3.jpg

haha wow... those are great..... i like how the meat wagon is driving by as me and oleg crashed our 'rally car' (wrc)

Last edited:
lol Yeah good pics. Too bad it was too dark out to really take more, but it happens. We'll take more pics of the final product at some point. Especially when my car is washed too. Looks like ass right now. :( Thanks for the help guys. :) Good times.

wish i had known about it, would have stopped by...i'm just down the street in watertown...funny stuff!

Sorry Mark. Was such a last minute thing. Did not know exactly who knew what. Was not my deal, I just got called upon to do slave work. Hehe.

Last edited:
Hmmm... My interior is so comfy that I snuggle it at red lights. :) I think the cloth is a million times better, and the color is perfect so when I get these ...
200707312221-RecaroPolePosition.jpg
it'll look awesome I think. And of course a harness and all...but that'll be a bit down the road. We'll see.. Maybe my new job will be better in pay :p

so how'd it go?

Eh, you know. A lot of nuts, bolts, screws, and those damn door clips that like to stick in the doors and not the panel when you take them off. We had a one car garage to work out of while the other car was in almost complete darkness other than flashlights. We made do obviously, and then as you can see in the vid Marc moved his car in to button that up. It's an easy job, just time consuming.

where was this??? i woulda gone!
Quincy, MA at Marc's friends condo.

Yeah. Was awesome fun though I think. Good company. :3 writing out my blog article now actually...

wow total swap, very cool! looks good! after having black leather in my 6 I am glad that my speed3 seats are not completely leather. So hot and I feel you slide around more on it.

Good job!

Thanks man. :p Just wait till you see it in person. So comfy I snuggle it at every red light. :)

Back